Skip to content
All
Views
Replies
Post date
Last activity

Ethernet Chips

W5500을 사용하는 중 PHY Link에 문제가 발생하고 있습니다.

현재 W5500을 이용하여 보드를 설계하였고 일반적인 동작은 크게 문제가 없습니다.다만 간헐적으로 부팅이 필요한 네트웍 장비와 제가 설계한 보드에 전원이 동시 투여 되었을 때피지컬 링크가 활성화되지 않습니다. 정확히는 네트웍 장비의 RJ45소켓의 링크에 불이 들어오지 않습니다.보통은 네트웍 장비가 부팅이 끝나면 피지컬 링크가 활성화 되고 통신이 문제없이 이루어지는데문제가 발생하면 제 보드 상에서 주기적으로 PHYLINK를 확인해 봤을 때 PHY_LINK_ON과PHY_LINK_OFF를 왔다갔다 합니다. LINK_ON에서 LINK_OFF는 약 5초, LINK_OFF에서 LINK_ON은 약 10초 정도 걸리는 것 같습니다.  이로 봤을 때 W5500과의 SPI통신은문제가 없는 것으로 보…

  • W5500
7 views
3 replies

by graygust

by kelanucr

Ethernet Chips

W5500 communication failure

Hello, I connected  W5500 with STM32F401, and hang up with issues.     I am using http server. Issue: LAN cable to W5500 communication failure. PC is sending handshake packets but W5500 is not respondingObservations1.) W5500 with STM32 is working fine              SPI is working fine(read the version register   it is 04)  …

5 views
1 replies

by Albin77777

by Aimee0

Ethernet Chips

Error in Wiznet 5500 Schematic?

I note the Receive center tap pin on your Wiznet W5500-Pico-POE reference is tied to +3.3V.  On wiz850io_sch_v100.schdoc  reference designes it is tied to ground via a .1uf cap.  Does it matter?  I am working on building a custom board with the W5500 using a TRJ4284AHNL magjack with POE.    

  • W5500
4 views
3 replies

by mike215611

by mike215611

IO Modules

Proper way to change an IP address (W5500)

We are using a W5500 chip and the ioLibrary:https://github.com/wiznet/iolibrary_driverI am trying to figure out the steps needed to change the IP address on a working device, without requiring a reboot.My code is based on the Wiznet examples, with wrappers made to pull network values from our configuration EEPROM and apply them:wizchip_setnetinfo (&S_netinfo);We then have code for the http and…

2 views
1 replies

by allenhuffman

by TheoIm

IO Modules

W5500 IO Library hanging (no PING) - using http and snmp server code

We use an W5500 chip. We have software from the github:Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver: ioLibrary_Driver can be used for the application design of WIZnet TCP/IP chips as W5500, W5300, W5200, W5100, W5100S, W6100, W6300.I blink a heartbeat LED in our main loop. It continues to operate, but sometimes the Ethernet stops responding to PINGs, or serving HTTP requests or SNMP requests.Our main loop is making ca…

5 views
2 replies

by allenhuffman

by allenhuffman

Ethernet Chips

W5500 Implementation With External Transformer

I have some questions regarding the integration of the W5500 with an external transformer (without PoE).I've seen the WIZnet reference designs for the W5500 with both an integrated transformer in the MagJack and with an external transformer. However, I've noticed that the resistors for the differential pair termination impedance of the MDI Rx cable change from 49.9 Ohms (in the MagJack) to 82 Ohms…

  • W5500
5 views
0 replies

by mlobomx

by mlobomx

Ethernet Chips

Are the W5500 products we have original or fake ?

Could one of the W5500 chips shown in the attached image be fake?The unstable devices were purchased from local distributors between 2020 and 2023, and all of them have the same markings and appearance. The stable devices use W5500 chips purchased directly from DigiKey, as shown on the right side of the attached image.

  • W5500
8 views
1 replies

by Huseyin_Ozdil

by lawrence

Ethernet Chips

W5500 Ethernet Link Failure on Some Units – Temperature Dependent, Fixed by Lowering Series Resistor

Some of our devices in the field have been reported to experience Ethernet connectivity issues. After recalling the affected units for investigation, we obtained the following findings:We would appreciate your support in identifying the root cause(s) of this issue.Devices that fail to establish an Ethernet connection start operating normally after being warmed up. While some units work at room tem…

  • W5500
  • PoE
4 views
0 replies

by Huseyin_Ozdil

by Huseyin_Ozdil

Ethernet Chips

W5500 TCP 소켓통신 오류 문제

W5500 TCP 서버 모드로 사용중입니다.소켓 0 (포트번호 61103)으로 OPEN 하여 통신 시 데이터 수신이 잘 이루어집니다.같은 코드에 소켓만 1로 바꾸었을 뿐인데 데이터 수신이 엉뚱한 데이터가 들어옵니다.이럴 경우 어느 부분을 디버깅 해야 하나요??void xxx(uint8_t Sn){control = (Sn << 5) | 0x0C; // Socket buffer Write 0x1CWrite_5500(h_add, l_add, control, Data); control = (Sn << 5) | 0x08; // Socket buffer Read 0x18 temp = Read_5500(h_add, l_add, control);}이런 식으로 사용하고 있습니다.

6 views
5 replies

by namdori

by Grace_Koo

Ethernet Chips

W5500 with reference RJ45 magjack design: link-up issue on custom 2-layer board

Hello,I am having trouble with the PHY side of a W5500 design and would like to ask for advice on the PCB/layout around the RJ45 magjack.SummaryDevice: W5500 in LQFP-48Interface to MCU: SPIMCU: ESP32-DevBoard: 2-layer PCB, top-side component placementRJ45: ARJM11A1-009-AB-EW2 magjackDesign basis: W5500-Ref-RJ45With reference schematicPower supply: LM2576S-3.3SPI communication is working correctly.…

  • ESP32
  • W5500
5 views
0 replies

by shiohamu_d

by shiohamu_d

Ethernet Chips

W5500 Ethernet PHY transceiver: Sharing the SPI bus with W5500 and an MFRC522

We have a requirement of adding an Ethernet support on our project but unfortunately we do not have addition SPI available so we just trying to check the feasibility of the sharing SPI bus with W5500 and MFRC522, both can operate on same SPI mode - 0, it although worked but after couple of hours, the ethernet drop the connectivity and never recovers. The W5500 driver throws error that it can't rea…

  • W5500
6 views
1 replies

by Kruparth

by TheoIm

Ethernet Chips

Ethernet W5500 is not working

Hi,       I am currently facing an issue with Ethernet communication on our custom board using the W5500 Ethernet controller and would appreciate your assistance in diagnosing the problem.We performed several tests to isolate the issue:Hardware & SPI VerificationWe ran a low-level SPI test by reading the W5500 version register and received 0x04, confirming th…

  • Arduino IDE
7 views
2 replies

by nbabu0001

by nbabu0001

Ethernet Chips

Custom W5500 design, W5500 chip is detected but the LEDs are not working Link/ACT

I'm using an ESP32 and a custom W5500 Ethernet module connected via SPI. I can successfully communicate with the W5500 — reading the version register returns 0x04, so SPI works fine.But... when I plug in an Ethernet cable (connected to a router or PC), the RJ45 Link and Activity LEDs do not turn on at all. W5500 connected via SPI to ESP32 WROOM 32U25 MHz crystal working correctlyRJ45 connecto…

  • W5500
  • Arduino IDE
5 views
1 replies

by WahyuStroomer

by WIZnet AI

IO Modules

Generic network interface for WIZ850io with RasPi Zero 2 W

Context:I am attempting to implement a generic network interface with the WIZ850io network module and a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. I am inexperienced with linux kernel drivers, but luckily Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit, 2025-12-04) already has a device tree overlay for the w5500 chip, and a driver called w5100_spi that many sources claim to be compatible with the w5500.Problem:Ethernet interface is not…

  • Raspberry Pi
  • Linux
7 views
14 replies

by hsummers

by hsummers

IO Modules

Technical Support Request

For one of our project, we are using Wiznet # W5500. For this, we need your support with the following query. As per datasheet, Pin 23 of the W5500 must be connected to GND but this pin is floating in the reference design. However, this is open in our design. So we need confirmation from Wiznet if we keep this pin open will impact in performance?

  • W5500
5 views
1 replies

by Sahil_Shrivastav

by Alan

Ethernet Chips

W5500 executing your Ethernet code for DHCP - Why delay required

Testing a W5500 io module and have a question with W5500 behavior in your DHCP code.After DHCP is initialized it enters function DHCP_Run() where is opens a UDP socket and attempts to parse a DHCP Msg - of which there is none since DHCP is just starting.Then it call function to send a DHCP Discovery message.  The function builds the packet and issues a SEND to the W5500.This is where my quest…

  • W5500
4 views
2 replies

by jhinkle

by Grace_Koo

MCU & Boards

W5500 Version Number

I have purchased several W5500io (what they call a tsp/ip ethernet module - both the small and long versions).I''''m concerned that the boards might be build using reject W5500 chips because none of the every return a Version of 4 per the W5500 spec.  The boards appear to work otherwise - at least thru DHCP acquiring an IP address - still testing the rest.The current small io board returns a…

  • W5500
4 views
2 replies

by jhinkle

by Lihan__

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico MAc address

I have been working on a project using a W5500-EVB-Pico-POE board and most of what I am trying to do is working. This is interface to a GPS module and display time on a 7-segment and LCD displays.However what I would like to do is also use this as a NTP server. But this is where my issues start. I have configured an IP address and port and the code says it is listening, but never sees any incoming…

  • MicroPython
4 views
3 replies

by DAncingbear

by Aimee0

Ethernet Chips

W55RP20 - What is RP2040 GPIO 17 internally tied to

I am writing NON-Sdk code for this device.The documentation states: "However, GPIO17, GPIO20, GPIO21, GPIO22, GPIO23, GPIO24, and GPIO25 are not accessible due to the connections inside the board."I have found connections for GPIO20-25, but not 17.GPIO20-25 interface with the W5500 SPI.Nowhere does documentation or drawings identify the GPIO17 internal connection.Since the RP2040 code must initial…

  • W55RP20
5 views
2 replies

by jhinkle

by Grace_Koo

Ethernet Chips

W5500 getting Disconnected

In the lab when I am using W5500 in the fuel dispenser , the communications link is stable  but when I deploy the same dispenser to field just across the road using f the same network the ethernet disconnects and reconnects only when I restart the divice. After restarting, it again disconnects as soon as I start a transaction.

  • W5500
5 views
2 replies

by Harry_01

by Lihan__