Skip to content
All
Views
Replies
Post date
Last activity

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico MAc address

I have been working on a project using a W5500-EVB-Pico-POE board and most of what I am trying to do is working. This is interface to a GPS module and display time on a 7-segment and LCD displays.However what I would like to do is also use this as a NTP server. But this is where my issues start. I have configured an IP address and port and the code says it is listening, but never sees any incoming…

  • MicroPython
4 views
3 replies

by DAncingbear

by Aimee0

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico2 kicad or eaasyeda footprint & symbol

Hi all,Any one can share W5500-EVB-Pico2 footprint & symbol for kicad or easyeda ??thanks,

4 views
2 replies

by cvaldess

by Alan

MCU & Boards

micropython support for W6100-EVB-Pico2

Hi,When can I expect you to uppdate/provide the needed information and modules to get support for your board(s) based on RP2350 (pico2) in micropython.This is for example alredy done for W5100-EVB-Pico and W5500-EVB-Pico (that is based on RP2040)It seams like the latest wiznet5k module finally supports the w6100 chip (checked at circuitpython), however the whole board branch for pico2 boards is mi…

  • MicroPython
8 views
4 replies

by Anders_Fromell

by Anders_Fromell

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico - ethernet shield not found

I'm trying to run this code on my W5100S-EVB-Pico:#include <Arduino.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> byte mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED }; IPAddress ip(192, 168, 10, 202); EthernetServer server(80); const int ledPin = 25; // Onboard LED for Pico void blinkLED(int times, int delayMs) { //delayMs *= 50; for (int i = 0; i < times; i++) { digitalWrite(ledPi…

5 views
2 replies

by wiznetuser

by Aimee0

Ethernet Chips

W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny

I got two W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE boards , Rev. 1.1, without the WIZPoE-P1. Unfortunately, I can't connect them to my MAC computer in bootloader mode (pressing the bootloader button while connected via USB-C). Neither board appears as a drive. Thonny, for example, doesn't detect the boards as an interface under any circumstances.I've connected other boards (e.g., Raspberry Pico or W5500-EVB-Pico) to an…

9 views
6 replies

by Henning_DE_2025

by Henning_DE_2025

MCU & Boards

MicroPython for W5500-EVB-Pico2

Hi all,Is there a MicroPython version for W5500-EVB-Pico2 available?Thanks and best regards,Juergen 

16 views
9 replies

by Juergen

by Grace_Koo

MCU & Boards

Raspberry Pi + Wiznet Ethernet (W5100S/W5500/W6100) – Hardware + Firmware Notes

Hi all,I've been experimenting with combining Raspberry Pi Pico W and Wiznet Ethernet HATs (W5100S / W5500 / W6100), and wanted to share a few observations + ask for guidance:I tried running the basic WIZnet MicroPython example from the GitHub repo:from machine import Pin, SPI import network import time time.sleep(5) led = Pin(25, Pin.OUT) def w5x00_init(): spi = SPI(0, 10_000_000, mosi=Pin(19), m…

  • Raspberry Pi
7 views
2 replies

by sanjaay22

by Hannah

MCU & Boards

W55RP20 multi client Modbus TCPIP server

Hi we have a successful product built on the w5500-evb-pico. This is a Modbus RTU to TCP converter. The w55rp20 acts as a server and must accept at least 2 clients. We now use the:-W55RP20lwIP library ArduinoModbus libraryThe w55rp20 works just fine for single client but does not accept the second one. If I turn off the first one the second one connects and works fine. Does not work simultane…

11 views
3 replies

by a_davi

by Lihan__

MCU & Boards

UDP-client project won't compile

Hello everyone, apologies for the noob question. I'm pretty new to embedded systems and Ethernet protocols in general, and I'm still early in the learning process. I tried to see if anyone already asked this question, and I do see some people with similar issues, but I didn't find anyone with the same situation.I'm using a W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE, and I'm trying to run the example udp-client project in…

6 views
5 replies

by whisperquiet

by Grace_Koo

MCU & Boards

w5500-evb-pico2 Step file or 3D

Hi, I would like to know if we could have access to the 3D step file or alikes for the w5500-evb-pico2 ?  

4 views
3 replies

by benuretech

by Alan

Ethernet Chips

WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C on W5500-EVB-Pico2

I am using Visual Studio Code and the extension Raspberry Pi Pico.I compiled WIZnet-PICO-AWS-C.What steps do I need to take to debug examples/aws_iot_mqtt?A warning appears if PROJECT_NAME.elf is missing.Unable to find executable file atc:/Wiznet-PICO_AWS-C/build/${PROJECT_NAME}.elfIn CMakeLists.txt, PROJECT_NAME is set to WIZNET-PICO-AWS-C.The elf to be debugged is aws_iot_mqtt.elf. 

6 views
4 replies

by multistars7

by TheoIm

Ethernet Chips

Build environment for WIZnet W5500-EVB-Pico in Windows

Is there an installation guide for dummies?I have a WIZnet W5500-EVB-PicoI have a working Raspberry Pi Pico folderC:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examplesI can build the Pico examples withC:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examples\build\cmake ..I can build  any Pico project egC:\VSARM\sdk\pico\pico-examples\build\blink makeI also have the WIZnet source code in folder  WIZnet-PICO-CWhat steps are required to…

4 views
2 replies

by Philip

by TheoIm

Ethernet Chips

W5500 EVB PICO: How to handle multiple clients as a TCP Server

Hello hope you are all doing well I want to handle multiple connections with the W5500-EVB-Pico board working as a server. So far I can reproduce and make a server with one socket in one port that listens for a client and then establishes a connection with it. But I can't have another client since this socket that was previously listening is now established, sending or receiving data. What I…

  • W5500
0 views
3 replies

by Lautarosco

by Lautarosco

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico2 doesn't reboot after flashing MicroPython

Hi all,My brandnew W5500-EVB-Pico2 doesn't reboot after flashing MicroPython.I can enter the flash mode and copy the W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 file to the W5500-EVB-Pico2. But it doesn't reboot.I've tested the same W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2 file with a RPi Pico W and the RPi Pico W reboots. I can also connect to the board with Thonny. So the W5500_EVB_PICO-20241025-v1.24.0.uf2…

17 views
6 replies

by Juergen

by TheoIm

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-PICO2 Flash

I noticed that this board was supposed to be a replicate of the official Pico2 board however this board only has 2MB flash and the RPI board has 4MB Flash?Can these be updated? CircuitPython practically takes up all this space.

  • W5500
10 views
6 replies

by whiteice27

by Gruber

Ethernet Chips

w5500/w6100-evb-pico2 Arduino UDP

I'm looking for any example for UDP communication based on Arduino for the EVB with RP2350.Preferably on w6100 IPv6, but that is a bit dreaming, the support on the rp2040 version of w6100 is already limited. But w5500 and even w5100s would do.I'm spending quite a bit of time trying to get anything to work with the new earlephilhower Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino core.It says it support the W5500-EVB-P…

  • W5500
  • Arduino
8 views
2 replies

by benuretech

by benuretech

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-PICO2: POE+USB at the same time

Hi all,I'm going to use the W5500-EVB-PICO2 with POE board WIZPoE-P1.Is it possible to power the W5500-EVB-PICO2 via POE and connect it to the notebook via USB-C for programming at the same time?Thank you very much.Best regards,Juergen

2 views
1 replies

by Juergen

by WIZnet AI

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico CircuitPython Web Server Example that works.

Hi  Can anyone please help me find a working web server example using the W5500-EVB-Pico and CircuitPython? I am using the adafruit_wiznet5k library and none of the example code I can find online for running a web server works? I am guessing the library has not been updated anytime recently it looks like it is 3 years ok according to gethub. Thank you Rob 

  • CircuitPython
2 views
2 replies

by robmiller2024

by matthew

MCU & Boards

W5500-EVB-Pico multiple simultaneous TCP connections

I am creating two different TCP connections both to the W5500.The first one succeeds but the second one fails: Connection Refused.According to this documentation https://os.mbed.com/teams/WIZnet/code/Ethernet/docs/ee0f7508fb5c/group__WIZnet__socket__APIs.html#ga8cc0a2074b3aae98a132c1ae3c51188fI can just add multiple sockets to the same port. I would expect that the first connection will be ha…

  • C/C++
  • W5500
8 views
2 replies

by novanovavita

by TheoIm

Ethernet Chips

W5500 PHY link status reading PHYCFGR problem

Hello, I’m using the W5500-EVB-Pico module. LwIP and c. At the very start of my code, immediatley after wizhip_initialize() I try and detect if the PHY link is up by reading bit 0 of the 5500 PHYCFGR register. My problem is if the code starts with no physical link (RJ45 jack is unplugged) it appears that getPHYCFGR() never returns and the program hangs. As soon as an RJ45 cable is plugged in the c…

32 views
2 replies

by arcticPlatypus

by arcticPlatypus