W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by WIZnet AI AI generated ·
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by Henning_DE_2025 ·
I measured the voltages related to Bootsel-Button. Similar to the Raspberry Pico the pressing of the button loweres the voltage on the pin QSPII_SS_N (pin 56 of RP2040) correctly a bit to ca. 3.1V. So I would say the W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE is OK. But I have no idea why it is not recognized by Thonny or in Bootsel-Mode as a USB drive...
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by Grace_Koo WIZnet ·
Hello,
May I ask how you are currently connecting the board to your Mac PC?
I recommend trying to connect it through a powered USB hub, preferably using a USB 2.0 or lower port.
If the issue persists, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
Thank you.
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by Henning_DE_2025 ·
Hello, thank you for your answer.
Right now I tried via a powerded USB-C-Hub. I also tried to connect it via USB-C to the mac directly and as well via USB2. Nothing lets it connect...
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by Grace_Koo WIZnet ·
Thanks for the update.
I just tested a W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE Rev. 1.1 board (without the WIZPoE-P1 module) on macOS, and it worked without any issues. Holding down the BOOTSEL button and connecting the board via USB mounted it as a USB drive normally.
Could you please double-check the following?
If you’ve already tried all of the above and both boards still don’t respond, there may be a hardware issue with the boards.
In that case, we recommend contacting your distributor or seller for a replacement.
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico-PoE in Bootloader / Thonny
by Henning_DE_2025 ·
Thank you! After not working on this project for some days I tried from scratch focussing on the cables and ports as you suggested. I got it working with a very short cable (10cm) and directly connected to the Macs ports on the back side. It does not work with a longer cable (working with other boards fine) or on a hub... Now I can go on! Thank you for your help!