Skip to content
All
Views
Replies
Post date
Last activity

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico - ethernet shield not found

I'm trying to run this code on my W5100S-EVB-Pico:#include <Arduino.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> byte mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED }; IPAddress ip(192, 168, 10, 202); EthernetServer server(80); const int ledPin = 25; // Onboard LED for Pico void blinkLED(int times, int delayMs) { //delayMs *= 50; for (int i = 0; i < times; i++) { digitalWrite(ledPi…

5 views
2 replies

by wiznetuser

by Aimee0

MCU & Boards

RP2350 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) Arduino pico fork

Hi,I would like to know if there is any plan in forking Arduino Pico or making any other way of making the EVB-Pico2 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) compatible with Arduino and/or FreeRTOS.I'm trying to migrate my projects to the W5100S-EVB-Pico2, but they are all based on Adruino. I might try to migrate to the RP SDK but, I'm not sure about the FreeRtos compatibility. The easiest by far would have it to…

  • Arduino IDE
5 views
2 replies

by benuretech

by matthew

Ethernet Chips

Cable not connected issue

Hello everyone, I’ve been using the W5500-EVB-Pico board by connecting it to an Ethernet switch. Generally, I don’t encounter any issues (maybe about 80% of the time). However, occasionally, even when everything seems to be correct, I get a “cable not connected” error. Resetting the Pico using the onboard reset button doesn’t resolve the issue. Cycling the Ethernet connection also doesn’t solve th…

263 views
4 replies

by senol

by Riseley

Ethernet Chips

Is there a way to check whether the Ethernet cable is connected or not?

I’m programming on W5100S-EVB-Pico using this library(Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-C). When I try to initialize the wizchip by below code, things go well when the ethernet cable is connected to a proper network. But when the network is dead or ethernet cable is not connected, the process is stuck inside below codes. wizchip_spi_initialize(); wizchip_cris_initialize(); wizchip_reset(); wizchip_initialize(); w…

112 views
0 replies

by park-bitset

by park-bitset

Ethernet Chips

RP2040-HAT-Micropython fail import network

We are trying to check the network functionalities from micropython on the W5100S-EVB-Pico. We have followed the instructions on: https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/blob/main/Ethernet%20Example%20Getting%20Started%20[Micropython].md#wiznet5k-library He have followed exactly same steps that in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86opIykPE-U The only step we haven’t followed from the getti…

317 views
1 replies

by ibercomp

by Acorn_

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico MicroPython MAC address

W5100S-EVB-Pico 보드에 MicroPython 을 올려서 RP2040-HAT-MicroPython 의 examples 코드를 사용하고 있습니다. w5x00_Ping_Test.py 코드에서 spi=SPI(0,2_000_000, mosi=Pin(19),miso=Pin(16),sck=Pin(18)) nic = network.WIZNET5K(spi,Pin(17),Pin(20)) #spi,cs,reset pin nic.active(True) nic.ifconfig(('192.168.2.100','255.255.255.0','192.168.1.1','8.8.8.8')) while not nic.isconnected(): time.sleep(1) print(nic.regs()) print(nic.ifconfi…

428 views
1 replies

by kdh.systec

by scarlet

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico DHCP example uses wrong MAC address

If I try the dhcp_dns example, it uses the wrong MAC address. When it does the DHCP, it uses the MAC address 00:08:dc:00:00:00, which is different than the address in the g_net_info struct. What this means is that in my application, all the units will use the same MAC address, and thus get the same IP address, and pandemonium will result This occurs on first run after reprogramming and on cycling…

362 views
2 replies

by richw42

by richw42

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico How to change UART default pins in C env.

I designed a board to go with the W5100S-EVB-Pico. Silly me, I didn’t use the default pins for the uart. I’m using the procedure in RP2040-HAT-C/getting_started.md at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-C · GitHub I found the following in \RP2040-HAT-C\libraries\pico-sdk\src\boards\include\boards\pico.h // — UART — #ifndef PICO_DEFAULT_UART #define PICO_DEFAULT_UART 0 #endif #ifndef PICO_DEFAULT_UART_TX_PIN…

529 views
2 replies

by richw42

by richw42

Ethernet Chips

USE_SPI_DMA with W5100S-EVB-Pico receive data error

I am using W5100S-EVB-Pico to implement an edge device that uses the FTP code from WizNet Github. The library is configured for W5100S at 50MHz SPI speed. Transferring a 25kB buffer from my PC to a memory buffer in the Pico takes 33ms which is too slow for my application. So, I define USE_SPI_DMA in w5x00_spi.h to enable DMA transfers. The transfer time is reduced to 9ms which is great, but the ve…

319 views
0 replies

by Andy Huska

by Andy Huska

Ethernet Chips

RP2040-HAT-C build Error

Hello, I’m trying to use W5100S-EVB-Pico in C-. I followed “RP2040-HAT-C/getting_started.md at main · Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-C · GitHub ” and downloaded your code and tried to build Sample project. when compiling the project in visual studio, I am getting an error message.( Screen shot attached) compile Error_Img11920×1018 85.5 KB ProjectInclude_Img01920×1020 96 KB ProjectInclude_Img11920×964 93.7 KB P…

382 views
1 replies

by su1994

by austin

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S] RP2040+RTOS+LWIP -> echoserver 예제 문의

w5100s-evb-pico에서 FreeRTOS + LWIP인 상태의 echo server 예제가 있을까요? 서로다른 성격의 두 예제를 혼합해서 포팅해보려고 하는데, 사용한 방법이 너무 달라 쉽지가 않아보입니다. 만약 예제가 없다면, 어떤 형태로 포팅을 해야할까요? 지금까지 분석 내용 LWIP echo server 예제는 main()함수에서 폴링모드로 recv_lwip()함수를 호출하여 데이터를 읽는 것으로 보여집니다. 더불어 읽어온 데이터는 Network상의 모든데이터를 읽어 처리한 후, 최종적으로tcp_echoserver_recv()함수에서 데이터를 return하는 것으로 보여집니다. FreeRTOS의 tcp_client_over_ssl 예제는 RP2040의 GPIO 인터럽트 함수인 gpio_callba…

527 views
0 replies

by cavo

by cavo

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S] IPv6 지원문의

1.w5100s-evb-pico 모델 사용중입니다. 아두이노기반으로 개발중인데 ipv6 지원가능한가요? w6100 evb pico 모델 출시계획이 있을까요?

325 views
1 replies

by yongseoklee

by Matthew

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S-EVB-Pico]: How to set PHY_SPEED to 100Mbit/s ?

Hello all, sorry for making another post, but there is a lack of basic examples on wiznet GitHub… As a starting point I followed the DHCP_DNS example and modified it into a simple UDP-sender to test the performance on the “PC”-side using “iperf”. However, the bandwidth is limited to 8-9MBit/s and I think the PHY is working at 10MBit/s and not 100Mbit/s. I changed the CPU SYS Clock to 240MHz and th…

644 views
3 replies

by opcodex64

by austin

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S-EVB-Pico]: What core is the driver running on ?

Hello all, today I have just received the W5100S-EVB-Pico and I could successfully get my toolchain to work. However, I want to use the W5100S-EVB-Pico for data acquisition purposes and therefore I have to know on what core of the RPI Pico (RP2040) the Wiznet driver is running on ? Is it core 0 ? Will the driver be compatible with data acquisition processes running on core 1 ? Any help is apprecia…

563 views
3 replies

by opcodex64

by scarlet

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico hangs after consecutive requests (MicroPython)

Hello, I’m trying to send a simple HTTP GET request every 5 seconds, but after 4 requests, the board hangs/crashes without giving an error. I have to reboot the board before I can work with it again. Am I creating a stack overflow or something? I’m using the example including urequests.py from: github.com RP2040-HAT-MicroPython/examples/HTTP/HTTP_Client at main ·... main/examples/HTTP/HTTP_Client…

689 views
3 replies

by Rogier

by jweng

Ethernet Chips

W5100-evb-pico only works with arduino

Hello, I have a strange problem. I use a W5100S-EVB-Pico v.1.1 with arduino 2.0.1 with the standard example DhcpAddressPrinter and with a onboard led on addition when an ip address is aquired. When the board is connected to my pc it works (ip aquired and led goes on) but when connected to usb power only it does not work. the lights on the ethernetconnector are on but no ip aquired or led turns on.…

415 views
0 replies

by dennydg

by dennydg

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S-EVB-Pico]: iperf ??

Hello Wiznet-Team, I have to test the performance of the W5100S-EVB-Pico for TCP connection. Can you provide a clear “iperf” example ? Could not find it… Thank you ! Best regards, opcodex64

447 views
1 replies

by opcodex64

by opcodex64

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico HTTP Client example in C++

Hello, Where can I find an example for using W5100S-EVB-Pico as a HTTP client in C++? On the github I have only found example for the HTTP server. Thanks in advance.

823 views
2 replies

by David10

by David10

General

Block based programming for the RP2040-HAT-MicroPython

Hello, First, congratulations. RP2040-HAT-MicroPython is one of the best IoT solution I have seen over the last months. Take a look here: Yet Another Technology Blog – 13 Feb 22 BIPES and Raspberry Pi Pico Ethernet WizNet is offering a low-cost Raspberry Pi PICO with Ethernet: the W5100S-EVB-Pico at about 9 dollars worldwide. For example, it can be purchased at Digikey here. There are firmwares re…

601 views
0 replies

by rafaelaroca

by rafaelaroca

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico MicroPython, Network Functionality Missing?

I’m trying out the W5100S-EVB-Pico module using MicroPython. I was able to build MP per the setup instructions from the main RP2040-HAT-MicroPython. repository. After that, it was easy to setup the HTTP and PING test demos. But I also encountered the first problem. The library doesn’t appear to support DHCP. Previous WIZnet MicroPython network libraries (W5500 in STM32F board) supported them using…

899 views
0 replies

by thestumbler

by thestumbler