[W5100S-EVB-Pico]: How to set PHY_SPEED to 100Mbit/s ?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: How to set PHY_SPEED to 100Mbit/s ?
by austin ·
Hello @opcodex64
Please refer to the example code below and check it after adding it.
Additionally, you can use ‘wizpy_getphyconf()’ to get PHY configuration, so please refer to it.
RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: How to set PHY_SPEED to 100Mbit/s ?
by opcodex64 ·
Hello austin,
thanks for your reply! I think it worked for me, since I was able to achieve 14MBit/sec using “iperf” in server mode (TCP). Furthermore, I wrote a simple tcp server application in python where I receive a fixed datasize using the python “recv”-function (socket library!). To calculate the transfer speed, one need the data transmission time and for this I have just calculated the difference between the timestamp before and after the “recv”-function in python. However, for a datasize of approx. 100MBytes I achieve a net speed using TCP protocol of 20-22MBit/sec, which is fine for the W5100S, since the limit is 25MBit/sec max. according the datasheet.
I can share the code after “cleaning it up”, if desired.
Best regards,
opcodex64
RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: How to set PHY_SPEED to 100Mbit/s ?
by austin ·
Hi @opcodex64
If you can share the code, please share it.
I think it will be helpful not only for W5100S-EVB-Pico but also for many people who use W5100S.
Thank you.