[W5100S-EVB-Pico]: What core is the driver running on ?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: What core is the driver running on ?
by scarlet ·
Hello @opcodex64, this is scarlet.
In response to your question,
Basically CORE0 is used, and code addition is required to use core 1.
If you add the function below, you can use core1.
[#include “pico/multicore.h”]
[void multicore_launch_core1(void (*entry)(void))]
and there are various functions that use core1 in this library file
[pico-sdk\src\rp2_common\pico_multicore]
There is an example of using both core0 and core1 in W5100-EVB-Pico.
Please refer to adding lib, how to use functions, etc…
please contact me if you need help
reagard, scarlet.
RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: What core is the driver running on ?
by opcodex64 ·
Hello scarlet.
thanks for your reply! I have just launched the CORE1 learning from the the example (“hello multicore”) in pico-sdk. Furthermore, I registered a repeating timer on CORE1 considering the alarm-pool to launch a timer interrupt handler every second where I print something into the terminal output. However, I could examine the same net speed (21-22MBit/sec) with and without activated CORE1, so I can assume the CORE1 is independently running to CORE0 (=WizNet Driver).
I think this post can be closed! I can post the cleaned up code, if desired.
Best regards,
opcodex64
RE: RE: [W5100S-EVB-Pico]: What core is the driver running on ?
by scarlet ·
Hello, @opcodex64 I’m sorry for the late reply. I’m glad it solved.
It will be very helpful if your project is listed on your personal blog or on the maker site (https://maker.wiznet.io/)).
Best regards,
scarlet