Skip to content
All
Views
Replies
Post date
Last activity

IO Modules

W5500 IO Library hanging (no PING) - using http and snmp server code

We use an W5500 chip. We have software from the github:Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver: ioLibrary_Driver can be used for the application design of WIZnet TCP/IP chips as W5500, W5300, W5200, W5100, W5100S, W6100, W6300.I blink a heartbeat LED in our main loop. It continues to operate, but sometimes the Ethernet stops responding to PINGs, or serving HTTP requests or SNMP requests.Our main loop is making ca…

5 views
2 replies

by allenhuffman

by allenhuffman

IO Modules

Generic network interface for WIZ850io with RasPi Zero 2 W

Context:I am attempting to implement a generic network interface with the WIZ850io network module and a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. I am inexperienced with linux kernel drivers, but luckily Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit, 2025-12-04) already has a device tree overlay for the w5500 chip, and a driver called w5100_spi that many sources claim to be compatible with the w5500.Problem:Ethernet interface is not…

  • Raspberry Pi
  • Linux
7 views
14 replies

by hsummers

by hsummers

Ethernet Chips

W3150A+ 대체품 문의사항

안녕하세요현재 W3150A+에 PHY IC를 사용하여 Direct Bus I/F mode를 사용중인데 이 mode가 W5100과 호환이 되는 칩이 어떤 것이 있는지 궁금합니다. 구체적으로 레지스터나 버퍼의 구조가 동일한지 궁금하고 더불어 내부 펌웨어 변경 없이 Pin만 변경하였을 때 동일하게 적용되는 것인지도 궁금합니다.또한  W5100은 PHY가 칩 내부에 내장되어 있는데 이부분에 대해서는 내부 로직으로 바로 동작되는 것인지 궁금합니다.위 문의에 답변 부탁드립니다.

4 views
2 replies

by junhyeong9779

by Hannah

MCU & Boards

board file file for W6100-EVB-Pico2 in C-sdk

I just got a W6100-EVB-Pico2 and I want to use it with the pi pico C-sdk. But the only boardfiles onder .pico-sdk\sdk\2.2.0\src\boards\include\boards seem to be those wiznet_w5100s_evb_pico(2).h.where are the board header files for all the other boards? 

4 views
4 replies

by bzuidgeest

by Lihan__

MCU & Boards

W5100S EVB Pico ADC floating values when input sensor is disconnected

Hello I am using a W5100S EVB Pico board and reading sensor using the RP2040 ADC (GPIO26).When the sensor is connected, the ADC readings work correctly. However, when the sensor is disconnected, the ADC pin becomes floating and returns random / noisy values, which results in false readings.Setup DetailsBoard: W5100S EVB PicoMCU: RP2040ADC input: GPIO26Sensor: 100A/ 1V DC - CT (AC current meas…

  • MicroPython
5 views
3 replies

by kkshah73

by Alan

Ethernet Chips

(W5100S) Is there a software way to disable the LED on the RJ45 connector?

안녕하세요? 담당자님,저희 회사에서 W5100S를 활용하여 제품화를 진행하고 있습니다.오피스용 제품을 구성하면서, RJ45의 LED를 disable 해달라는 요청이 들어와서 문의 드립니다.데이터시트 상에서는 따로 언급이 없었지만, 혹시 W5100S의 설정 변경을 통해 RJ45 LED를 끌 수 있는 기능이 있을까요?한 번 확인 부탁드립니다.감사합니다.

  • C/C++
3 views
1 replies

by junwooson124

by WIZnet AI

MCU & Boards

micropython support for W6100-EVB-Pico2

Hi,When can I expect you to uppdate/provide the needed information and modules to get support for your board(s) based on RP2350 (pico2) in micropython.This is for example alredy done for W5100-EVB-Pico and W5500-EVB-Pico (that is based on RP2040)It seams like the latest wiznet5k module finally supports the w6100 chip (checked at circuitpython), however the whole board branch for pico2 boards is mi…

  • MicroPython
8 views
4 replies

by Anders_Fromell

by Anders_Fromell

Ethernet Chips

W5100S-EVB-Pico - ethernet shield not found

I'm trying to run this code on my W5100S-EVB-Pico:#include <Arduino.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> byte mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED }; IPAddress ip(192, 168, 10, 202); EthernetServer server(80); const int ledPin = 25; // Onboard LED for Pico void blinkLED(int times, int delayMs) { //delayMs *= 50; for (int i = 0; i < times; i++) { digitalWrite(ledPi…

5 views
2 replies

by wiznetuser

by Aimee0

General

ioLibrary_Driver FAQ list

# [Title] Support for multiple chips on the same uC.## Problem Phenomenon (The issue):The library is designed to support only a single WIZ chip on a microcontroller due to namespace collisions that occur during reading and writing operations.## Cause (The cause of the issue):The namespace collisions are caused by the implementation of the library, which uses global variables or names that conflict…

8 views
0 replies

by Aimee0

by Aimee0

MCU & Boards

Raspberry Pi + Wiznet Ethernet (W5100S/W5500/W6100) – Hardware + Firmware Notes

Hi all,I've been experimenting with combining Raspberry Pi Pico W and Wiznet Ethernet HATs (W5100S / W5500 / W6100), and wanted to share a few observations + ask for guidance:I tried running the basic WIZnet MicroPython example from the GitHub repo:from machine import Pin, SPI import network import time time.sleep(5) led = Pin(25, Pin.OUT) def w5x00_init(): spi = SPI(0, 10_000_000, mosi=Pin(19), m…

  • Raspberry Pi
7 views
2 replies

by sanjaay22

by Hannah

Ethernet Chips

W5500 / W6100 Interrupt reason

Hello.I test W5500 and W6100 with interrupt with the official library. I have a listening socket (in my case socket 3) on a port.Everything works fine except, when I enter the interrupt handler, I don't know the reason causing the interrupt, the interrupt source (result from function wizchip_getinterrupt()) has a value of 0x0800, which corresponds to IK_SOCK_3 (1 << 11) in wizchip_conf.h. Ho…

  • STM32
5 views
3 replies

by JavorWM

by louis_m

Ethernet Chips

[W5100S] 핑 응답 관련 문의

안녕하세요 현재 자사에서 W5100S를 이용하여 TCP/IP 통신 사용 중에 통신 이슈가 발생하고 있어 다음과 같은 질문을 드립니다...네트워크(IP, Netmask, Gateway) 설정 후 런타임 중 Chip Reset, PHY Reset을 제외하고 PING 손실을 일으킬 만한 다른 명령이 있습니까? 현재 런타임 중 간헐적 핑 손실이 발생하고 있어 핑 응답에 대한 특정 규칙을 제가 어긴 건지 확인하고 싶어 질문 드립니다.          (ex. 런타임 중 TCP Keep Alive 설정을 다시 하면 안된다던지...)      2.  저온 환경에서 간헐적으로 PHY Status 레지스터의 Unplug 및 Link D…

5 views
1 replies

by kjlee94

by WIZnet AI

MCU & Boards

RP2350 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) Arduino pico fork

Hi,I would like to know if there is any plan in forking Arduino Pico or making any other way of making the EVB-Pico2 (W5100S-EVB-Pico2 ....) compatible with Arduino and/or FreeRTOS.I'm trying to migrate my projects to the W5100S-EVB-Pico2, but they are all based on Adruino. I might try to migrate to the RP SDK but, I'm not sure about the FreeRtos compatibility. The easiest by far would have it to…

  • Arduino IDE
5 views
2 replies

by benuretech

by matthew

Ethernet Chips

W5100s Sn_RX_WR wrap issue

How to use W5100s in persistance TCPIP Mode?The attempt to receive data in a persistant open socket (2k RX & TX size) ends as soon as the rx_wr pointer will reach the configured RX size. Expected (ring buffer) wrap arround does not happen! A test with all relevant informations below (in half duplex communication) , does receive 4 bytes and answers by a couple of more bytes till the RX Mem…

3 views
2 replies

by Peter_Sti

by louis_m

MCU & Boards

Wiznet w5100s evb arduino skeych

Couldn't able to establish ethernet communication on w5100s evb using arduino sketch, installed ethernet.h but the sketch says shield not found. Checked the spi communication it's working. But the W5100s chip is not responding. Anyone done this. 

  • Arduino
  • Arduino IDE
4 views
3 replies

by akilraje

by matthew

Ethernet Chips

LwIP and W5100s

Hi everyone!Can someone point me how to make friends LwIP and W5100s?I use this combination on STM32H7 µC, because all other pins are already in use.THX!

  • C/C++
  • STM32H7
1 views
2 replies

by kazham

by kazham

Ethernet Chips

NetX and W5100S

Hi everybody!Can someone tell me if there is a way to pair Netx from ThreadX with W5100S IC?I'm aware of NX_ENABLE_TCPIP_OFFLOAD mode, but still have problems with understanding.Write now I'm looking on nx_driver_stm32l4.c example, but it is made for WiFI, that works with AT command and I wonder if I can adopt it to my needs (SPI).Any help would be appreciated!THX!

  • C/C++
2 views
1 replies

by kazham

by WIZnet AI

Ethernet Chips

w5100 사용 관련 문의

stm32f40x시리즈 MCU와 w5100을 사용하여 tcp로 통신을 수행하고 있습니다.먼저, stm32f40x 시리즈를 통해 w5100을 사용하는 라이브러리등의 자료는 어디서 받을수 있을까요? 두번째로 w5100 칩하나로 tcp와 udp를 동시에 두채널 연결해서 사용할 수 있는지요?마지막으로 수신데이터 패킷사이즈가 큰용량일 경우(내부 버퍼사이즈 16k를 상당히 초과하는양)에 대한 수신처리에 대한 참고 자료를 구하고 싶습니다.그리고 5100에서 송수신으로 16k 로 되어있는데 송/수신 개별인가요? 아니면 16k를 송신과 수신 따로 설정해서 통합 16k 인가요?위 사항들에 대해 알고계신분들의 조언 부탁드립니다. 

3 views
1 replies

by Sanggyu

by WIZnet AI

Ethernet Chips

W5100 통신 문의

안녕하세요.28335를 사용하여 W5100제어하고 있는데 해결되지 않은 문제가 있어서 문의를 드립니다.현재 IP 설정 후 PC와 PING 테스트를 했을 때 정상 동작을 하는 상황인데 PC cmd에서 netstat 명령어로 IP, port를 확인하였을 때 IP는 설정한 값으로 되어있고,  Port는 5000으로 설정하였는데 40000번 이후로 되어 있습니다. (처음에는 139번만 연결되다가 pc 설정 변경 후 40000번 이후 임시포트로 연결됨) pc에서 연결하기 위해 보이는 port로 입력하여 연결하면 established 상태로 연결되었다가 timeout이 되는지 끊깁니다. 이때 로컬상태를 확인해보면 수신 패킷은 있는데 송신 패킷은 0으로 표시됩니다.여러 설정을 바꿔봐도 해결이 되지 않아…

14 views
7 replies

by YouJeong

by jw456123

Ethernet Chips

w5500/w6100-evb-pico2 Arduino UDP

I'm looking for any example for UDP communication based on Arduino for the EVB with RP2350.Preferably on w6100 IPv6, but that is a bit dreaming, the support on the rp2040 version of w6100 is already limited. But w5500 and even w5100s would do.I'm spending quite a bit of time trying to get anything to work with the new earlephilhower Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino core.It says it support the W5500-EVB-P…

  • W5500
  • Arduino
8 views
2 replies

by benuretech

by benuretech