W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
Anybody?
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by PaulDavis ·
Nice work. I’ll follow-up on your layout as PoE is in the pipeline for another project. Looking good, only sugg I’d have would be to drop 10K to 4K7 on ‘all’ the pullups. I.e. noise immunity, robust.
OT: How did you managed to post a thread? I appear to be completely locked up from this platform for some strange reason. Spent 3 email addresses already (wife’s, son, mine), all the same silencing thing…
RE: RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
Follow-up on my lay-out as in you are going to review it soon? Or follow along with any feedback that is provided? Hopefully someone from Wiznet, or another knowledgeable reviewer, comes along, but not much activity on this post for now.
I didn’t do anything special to post this as far as I know
Just make an account and post it.
RE: RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by Alan WIZnet ·
Please let me know the details. I will try to contact the forum official. Sorry for finding it too late, sorry for the inconvenience.
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by PaulDavis ·
Well good for you to be able to post threads, I just can’t. New Post option is nowhere to be found. However I’m receiving weird bits to the account letting me know that I’ve gained batches, getting to know you and what not. Steep arrival to a modern intranet!!
Yes. I’d like to follow-u/p on your schematic eventually. However I’ve yet to get a simple and functional layout approved; two iterations failed so far. One with an analog ground plane, another without, tighter impedance matching, etc etc, nothing works. In fact it does work, I’m getting an IP and can ping but at ultra-low SPI speeds only (100kHz max sort of poor performance). As soon as I bump this up in the 0.5~1Mhz everything fails. Worrying…
Once I can get to the bottom of that performance issue (hence why I need to seek the resident experts advice, and be able to post), I’ll crack on my ultimate goal - a PoE integrated solution like yours.
I’ll update how things goes.
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
I would gladly have a look at your schematic/layout if you can get it posted somewhere, or just send me a DM. Maybe I can spot an issue.
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by PaulDavis ·
Both failed iterations were based off the manufacturer’s reference design. The one with the RJ45 with incl magnetic. I won’t post it here as it’s identical and I certainly don’t want to swing this thread into irrelevance. Grateful for the offer though (I could send you the 4-layer gerber/layout, which is where the problem is, I suspect). If I can’t sort it before end-of-week I’ll send this out.
In a meantime I equally look forward a Wiz Team review on your PoE solution.
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
Sure, send it via DM, in the meanwhile I hope a Wiznet representative visits this thread soon.
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by Alan WIZnet ·
I’m very, very sorry for being late.
Do you want feedback on the circuit and PCB design?
Or do you have any other problems?
I’m sorry for the late confirmation.
If you send all questions about POE to the email below, we can respond more quickly.
Alan@wiznet.io
RE: RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
Sure, will send you the details via mail
RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by jessevdz ·
Review was handled via email with Alan, main take-aways for others:
Other than that everything seems fine and I will move into production. Lets hope for the best
RE: RE: W5500 PoE schematic/layout review
by Alan WIZnet ·
Yes, I think it will go well without any problems.
I hope your project will be successful.