Schematic review - W5500 not working
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Eugeny ·
How it does not work, and why 82 Ohm resistors?
Edit: not sure what external transformer circuit has 82 Ohm resistors instead of 49.9 Ohm.
RE: RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Matt ·
I am just probing the SPI lines now so will update shortly. There is not output from the device on code that has worked on previous PCB’s so will trace through where it stops now.
As for the resistance I used the Wiznet reference design which uses 82ohm: https://docs.wiznet.io/img/products/w5500/w5500_sch_v110_use_trans_.pdf
Is this schematic wrong? Thanks!
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Eugeny ·
This is a good question, but this must not be related to issues with SPI, if there’re any.
Does it turn link LED on when you plug live cable in? OMG, your design does not have it!
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Matt ·
Yeah, unfortunately I did just take the reference schematic as blind faith and if it wasn’t on there it isn’t included in mine. Is there a newer than 2015 reference schematic that does have the correct layout? Thank you!
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Eugeny ·
As long as it is on the official website we can not deem it as incorrect
but looks strange, and probably not a reason for thing not to work.
You must identify what exactly does not work and keep working towards the root cause. For now SPI communication for digital part and link LED for analog part.
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Matt ·
Unfortunately some other testing has blown my micro so I need to wait for a repllacement or a new revision to test it properly. Does this schematic look better?
Thanks for the help!
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Eugeny ·
Do not make changes until we identify what exactly is wrong with the device to see the direction to dig into. Hope you’ll fix it quickly and issue is not that bad.
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Matt ·
Sure, just the schematic for now. I won’t send it to get made untill I can prove it out. My thinking was that all of the changes were pull downs/ups instead of floating so I can just DNP if needed. Also added the LED’s and changed the resistors to 49.9ohms to match every other schematic I have seen.
I am sending the board off tomorrow to get a new uC to get testing with this. It’s a BGA so need it done properly and X-rated. Will report back what I find
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Alan WIZnet ·
Hello.
I ask because I can’t see the whole circuit.
Is the MCU controlling the RST? I don’t think that’s the case with the drawings you showed me.
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Matt ·
Hi, nope I tied it to 3.3V to always be activated. Should I keep this 10k but put it to the micro aswell to pull low in startup?
RE: Schematic review - W5500 not working
by Alan WIZnet ·
Yes, the MCU must control the RST. All examples contain that part.