Can't get information from W5500
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Can't get information from W5500
by danil m ·
Some addition. Can’t send more than 1 picture.
But if I try to read some information (chip version in this case) from chip I get this:
RE: RE: Can't get information from W5500
by Eugeny ·
Where’s data phase? I see three control bytes sent, but you do not proceed reading the first data byte.
RE: Can't get information from W5500
by danil m ·
I have already tried to change SPI mode to 0,2 and 3 according with this table, but nothing change:

And I have tried to do handle RESET for chip before initialization (RST pin → HIGH, RST pin → LOW, delay, RST pin → HIGH), but in this case SPI don’t function
RE: Can't get information from W5500
by danil m ·
Thanks for answer!
I just don’t know what I should to do after sending control phase byte. Is it correct that after writing 0 in R/W byte W5500 just send data on MISO?
I’m using this function for reading data from chip:
As you can see from diagrams I can send correct address bytes and control phase byte, but after it CLK signal stop. I have tried to wait before deselect W5500 and in this case there isn’t signal on CLK line.
RE: Can't get information from W5500
by Eugeny ·
Looks like code
is having problems. This code is intended to get 8 bits of data into
buf[3], but for some reason it does nothing,Edit: I am not originally familiar with how ot works, but according to this source
you must perform the dummy byte write to SPDR (which value does not matter for reading the data) and obtain read data from the same register
SPDR. Thus your mistake that you omit writing to SPDR.RE: Can't get information from W5500
by danil m ·
Thanks, Eugeny. Now it’s working fine