W7500P 100 Mbit problem
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by jakubokaj ·
I’ve checked also with this:
tme.eu/pl/Document/565d1603e … L1T39J.pdf
but with the same results;(
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by niko ·
I’m not sure if you have already but with the new board you’ve designed with the W7500P chip have you tried debugging your program through an isp header? Or do you even have this option on your board? I also saw that you went from a W7500 eval board to a W7500P with phy built in. Did you make sure to do #define W7500 in your main.c file? If you didn’t or had forgotten you will not be able to link phy properly. I had a similar issue where my W7500P chip wasn’t properly soldered onto the pads and after reflowing the chip the board began to work properly. The only way I figured this out was through debugging so I could see exactly where the code was getting caught up. There’s a while loop inside the link() function that will continue indefinitely if it fails to link the phy. I would start by making sure it does in fact link.
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by jakubokaj ·
I have to say that I use sample code from library for W7500P without debugging this.
I just believed that code sould work properly and I concentrate only on link issue.
I will check with debugger…
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by jakubokaj ·
Hello,
In the meantime I attach pcb and schematic. Maybe there is problem I can’t find.
Please review and comment.
I will check with debugger but I think that it will be not easy becouse finally PHY is initiated.
For me problem is connected with autonegotiation. I don’t know if it will be possiblem to detect.
But I hope;)
main_sch.pdf (23.7 KB)
main_pcb.pdf (35.5 KB)
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by niko ·
jakubokaj,
Is the 57-00013QL11-1 RJ45 connector the one you used? The exact same one they use in the schematics? I didn’t see the part# in your schematics.
Niko
RE: W7500P 100 Mbit problem
by jakubokaj ·
Long time but…
I finish my project with STM32 and W5500.
BTW would be nice to finish with W7500P too;)
This is not 57-00013QL11-1 RJ45 connector in my current pcb.
There is LPJ0514GENL.
It is suitable for that?