W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
Sorry. W7500P is not to support mbed OS5(EthernetInterface) yet.
If you need to use Ethernet in mbed, you have to use WIZnetinterface library untill now.
Thanks.
RE: RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by finlayg ·
Hi I am using Mbed but also using the WIZnetInterface library. Could there be a conflict because of this? This is based on the TCPechoserver example project by Wiznet so I assumed this is ok
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
I found some bug in WIZnetInterface library with set_link( ) function.
I used a project in the following link.
I changed a platform from WIZwiki-W7500 to WIZwiki-W7500P.
And I used static IP instead of DHCP.
I modified source code of W7500x_toe.cpp file.
WIZnetInterface/arch/int/W7500x_toe.cpp
And I added eth.set_link( ) function in main( ) function.
WIZnetInterface library will be updated soon.
Thanks.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
One more.
WIZnetInterface/arch/int/W7500x_toe.cpp
Thanks.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by finlayg ·
Thanks that does seem to have improved things slightly. Now 95% of the time if the ethernet jack is connected before the device is powered on it will negotiate to 10Mbps. However, if the eth cable is connected AFTER powering up on the device it will default to 100Mbps most of the time.
Does the W7500P default/reset the speed select registers if it fails to negotiate a connection at start up? Or is there something else that would be causing this. Also very occasionally it will also default to 100Mpbs even if the eth cable is connected before powering on. Any idea what would be causing this?
Also, how long until the latest stepping W7500P with the 100Mbps bugfix is released? In another thread we were told beginning of August. This would solve all my problems.
Thank you
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
How do you judge 100Mbps? If you judge by LED, I think it is not a good judgment criterion. Is the other side set as auto negotiation? please check auto negotiation in opposite side. And please wait for the next release of W7500P.
Please ask the release schedule of W7500P to sales@wiznet.io
Thanks.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by finlayg ·
So I have tested the latest stepping of the W7500P (1720 marking) and the 100Mbps problem does not appear to be resolved. I’m getting an unacceptable amount of disconnects when connection speed is 100Mbps.
I have tested both through a router and a direct connection to PC. The device is polled every 1s and dropouts were logged over a 24h period. I get approximately 1 disconnect every 3 hours over LAN. Interestingly, with a direct PC connection the disconnects are far more frequent. 1 disconnect every 3 minutes!
Running the same test, forcing 10Mbps speed, resulted in 0 disconnects over a 24h period for both LAN and direct connection. The software and libraries were identical for all tests except for calling eth.set_link(FullDuplex10). Is there an updated ethernet library I should be using in conjunction with the latest stepping to fix the 100Mbps bug?
Also, eth.set_link(FullDuplex10); is definitely not working properly even after the recommended changes to the library. It fails to force 10Mbps negotiation and defaults to 100Mbps far more often than I originally thought. I often have to reboot the device multiple times before it actually connects at 10Mbps. I’m guessing there is some sort of hard-coded timeout where if it fails to connect at a desired speed it defaults or the register that sets link speed is being reset somehow? Link speed has been verified using the W7500P device’s LEDs and in the local area connection settings on the PC. It’s also pretty obvious when it is operating at 100Mbps because of the frequency of disconnects.
Currently all devices in the field are directly connected to a PC. The connection speed is forced to 10Mbps in the PC’s network settings since setting link speed on the W7500P does not work properly. This severely limits our applications since we can only use 1 W7500P device (1 ethernet port on a PC) and have to connect the PC to our LAN via a Wifi adapter.
Hopefully there is a quick fix for this because quite frankly I’m about to give up on Wiznet
RE: RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
Dear finlayg
I heard W7500P(1720) is revision and 100Mbps issue is fixed.
I need more information to investigate your issue in detail.
I have some question.
Do you use WIZwiki-W7500P board? Or have you rebuilt the board with W7500P?
If you are the latter, please send your schematic file and gerber file to support@wiznet.io to check H/W part.
Could you get a pcap file of wireshark in case of problems?
What kind of LAN card(PC) and router(AP) do you use?
What kind of Server program do you use during test?
Where is your location(country)? (To compare similar cases)
Please give details of the test environment so that we can reproduce it.
Thanks.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by finlayg ·
We are using a custom designed board based on the W7500P. I’ve emailed the schematic pdf and gerbers.
In the email I’ve attached pcap and corresponding disconnect log for both a direct connection and switch connection
The PC has an Intel 82579LM Gigabit network card. It was also tested through a switch (TP Link TL-SG1024) and router (Netcomm NF4V)
The W7500P device is running as a MODBUS TCP server. This uses the Mbed and WiznetInterface libraries. I can give you read access to the Mbed repository if you have an account.
The W7500P server is polled every 1s by a PC acting as a TCP client (in-house custom program). The PC sends a standard MODBUS function 23 read/write request. The W7500P responds in standard MODBUS 23 format. The program stores disconnects to a log file. A disconnect is determined when a request is not acknowledged by the W7500P server after 3 attempts.
We are located in New Zealand
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
Please let me know your title of e-mail. I cannot check your e-mail in our ticket system.
Please upload your pcap file into this topic. I will check that.
Thanks.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by finlayg ·
The email has the same title as this thread “W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues”. I sent it to support@wiznet.io
Do you have a direct email address I can send it to?
For IP protection reasons, I’d prefer not to upload the pcap to this thread if I can avoid it.
RE: W7500p 10Mbit Mode Negotiation Issues
by jim ·
Dear finlayg
Please refer to the following e-mail and attach your pcap file.
jim@wiznet.io
Thanks.