Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, @crystalset
Thank you for reporting about wizwiki-w7500p working.
Before checking the problem, I would like to know some information.
did you get the test .din file from wizwiki site?
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/products:wizwiki_w7500p:getting_started:write_firmware#dokuwiki__top
And could you copy the whole serial output?
Seems you have two cases.
one is RJ45 led works but does not working in software.
second, RJ45 does not working hardwarely.
am I right?
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by crystalset ·
Hi lawrence,
Yes - I downloaded the latest binary from the website and installed on both dev boards.
Here are some examples of the debug:
Firmware never detects link even though link LED is On.
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by crystalset ·
Hi lawrence,
Please let me know if there are other things I can try to debug the issues with these dev boards.
Do you have any other binaries I can try to test the hardware?
If anyone else has seen this issue before let me know your experience.
Regards,
Dan.
RE: RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by crystalset ·
Hi,
Could someone from the Wiznet team please follow up on what Lawrence started as he hasn’t responded for 4 days.
Many thanks,
Dan.
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hi, @crystalset
Sorry for the late.
I could not find the original code for the example .bin
Could you try the below code?
And I would like to check AZTOE example for phy link.
Please go to below directory and choose any example
…/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE
I hope you have IAR or Keil IDE.
Or not, please let me know I will guide you how to install and set up for ide configuration.
thank you
and sorry again for the late.
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by crystalset ·
Hi lawrence,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I have compiled the loopback example and installed on both boards.
Board#1 now works correctly:

I also compiled the WZTOE_WebServer project which also worked correctly on board#1.
Board#2 still will not detect the link and the RJ45 Link and Act LEDs do not turn on:

I now think there must be a hardware fault with board#2 because the LEDs are not showing a link and the firmware is confirming this.
What are your thoughts as to the fault ?
Should I return the board to my supplier ?
Regards,
Dan.
RE: RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hi, @crystalset
I will ask this issue to hardware engineer.
Then reply it asap.
Sorry for your wait.
thank you
RE: RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hi @crystalset
could you share where you bought it?
If you did not buy wiznet e-sales,
you should contact the market you bought wizwiki-w7500p and notice them the problem.
thank you
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by crystalset ·
Hi lawrence,
It was purchased from a distributor in the UK shown below.
Enrgtech LTD
Unit 16 Holroyd Business Center,
Carrbottom Road,
BD5 9BP,
United Kingdom.
I will contact them and request a replacement board.
Regards,
Dan.
RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by hanbitmicro ·
I think I have same problem of W7500P chip. It’s hardware fault.
I have bought 100 units W7500P S2E rpre programmed at Digikey.
But still 10 test boards I have made wasn’t working. No link is been done.
RE: RE: Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !
by lawrence WIZnet ·
if you send your schematic file to the below email, we can review it.
lawrence@wiznet.io