Socket it still init after connect
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
The interrupt register says that there is a timeout btw.
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
Looks like it may have been some IP address issues. Seems to be working now. Does anyone know if there are any detailed and accurate schematics for the w5500io board?
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
On a similar note ( I found the schematic I was after
), does anyone know where I might be able to get a datasheet for the magjack used on the w5500io. The part num on the schematic is J1B1211CCD, but I can’t find anything on it on the internet. Want to compare it with a UDE magjack I’m using to make sure I’ve wired it up right to a w5500 chip.
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by peter ·
The following can be used with the W5500.
RB1-1D5B8K1A(287-00).pdf (472 KB)
J1B121ZCCD-V0-101115.pdf (149 KB)
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
I’ve got a UDE magjack with part no. RB1-125BAG1A, which shows the CT lines connected together within the transformer, so based on the schematics for the w5500io which shows them seperate and the TCT line pulled high, how would I go about connecting up the UDE magjack I have which has only the one CT line coming out?
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
Ok, I’ve made some changes to my circuit and i now have it working with my UDE magjack
Hehe, but now I have another question/problem. I’m using the chip to establish a TCP connection to an FTP server. I’ve managed to establish the connection, and so would be expecting the server to send me back some sign-on banner of sorts. I’ve verified that the server does in fact do this using telnet, but for some reason, when I go to check my RX_RSR register, it says there is 0 bytes in my buffer instead of the 60 odd I’m expecting. Is there anything I need to do in between connecting and checking the register to make sure the chip is ready to receive the banner?
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi
Is status register(Sn_SR) SOCK_ESTABLISHED ??
If then, I recommend to test loopback from WIZnet reference code and AX1(PC program).
There are so many causes that you cannot receive any packet.
Best regards.
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
Yes it says SOCK_ESTABLISHED. Where do I get the reference code and AX1 you mentioned?
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
Is there any kind of write protect on the rx_rd and rx_wr registers? When I read from them, they return a value of 0, and if I write a value to them and try to then read it again, it still returns with a value of 0…
RE: Socket it still init after connect
by jdcowpland ·
Can you also confirm that I am doing things right? I am setting up socket 0 as a tcp socket on port 4001. I’m then setting up the destination ip address and connecting to it. All this seems to work right as I can see the server receiving the connect request and responding. Is there anything else I need to do between connecting and looking in the RX buffer for a response?