W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
by Eugeny ·
I have a suspicion that you must use code and libraries oriented for W5100. Fianlly W5100 does not have PHY register. Thus the code you use may simply be totally wrong for W5100.
RE: RE: W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
by ToasTer86 ·
The IO library you wrote yourself is made for the W5100 right? I am using a own written file to use the ioLibrary like any application or program will. I can’t just use the library and be happy, I have to write my own application code.
So do you maybe have a good idea or help how I can set 2 sockets for 4k each ?
Just saying that what I am doing is wrong, is not really helping.
RE: W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
by Eugeny ·
You must write 0x0A to RMSR and TMSR.
When you ask questions here you are expected to have an understanding what is written in the datasheet for the device you are programming, and that there’s no PHYCFG register in there.
RE: W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
by ToasTer86 ·
Thanks for your response.
I am using :
but the size still stays 2 on all the sockets.
I also tried :
RE: W5100 initialize with 2 socket 4k, 1 socket 8k not working
by ToasTer86 ·
Cant I use the " CW_INIT_WIZCHIP " and the 2d array.
Can you help me to set the 2d array so that I have 1 socket of 8rx and 8tx
uint8_t memsize[2][8] = {{2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2},{2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2}};
Sorry I used PHY link with a wrong chip, I am just really new to this all. So I don’t have the same experience as you all do. You have to start somewhere right? And make mistakes, really nice that you still help me.
I am looking the wizchip_conf.h in the ioLibrary with