After clicking "Setting", can not find the device
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: After clicking "Setting", can not find the device
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, David.
if the device can not found by configuration tool and does not print out serial debug message, it seems like device damaged. I guess, reason of problem is the fault of flash memory access and user can not recover this device In these situations.
please RMA request to distributor.
Regards,
Eric.
RE: After clicking "Setting", can not find the device
by Dupinik ·
Hello,
MY Configuration tools is not able to find a device. But i can access device via telnet or web interface.
I needed to upload new firmware so i would be able to use GPIO ports. I need them to reset device remotely.
I have two WIZ127SR and one EB. Tried both module and cannt search for any when its on board.
Any advise?
RE: After clicking "Setting", can not find the device
by jameskim ·
Hello,
If you can access WIZ127SR via telnet or web browser even though you couldn’t search with configuration tool, then WIZ127SR works properly I think.
Communicating with configuration tool is different to telnet or web.
Configuration tool uses UDP broadcasting.
Firewall in your computer may protect UDP broadcasting.
I don’t know why the setting of your firewall was changed after pressing ‘SETTING’.
If you, however, can access to WIZ127SR via telnet or web but can’t search it with configuration tool, then I recommend you check the setting of your firewall first.
Thank you.
James.