Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
- WIZ750SR
- Linux
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
by winaw90106 ·
I made a makefile and compiled the "S2E_App". An unexpected result was that the binary file is 92kB while the binary file stored to the project file is about 60kB. I believe the project file was compiled using Keil 5. I do not see any debug options enabled.
The gcc compiler/linker I used is 10.3 (also tried 4.9 which is the one mentioned on Wiznet documentation).
RE: Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
by TheoIm WIZnet ·
Hello,
WIZ750SR firmware is officially supported only in the Keil µVision 5 environment.
To obtain the same build output as the official firmware, you must use the Keil toolchain, which requires a valid Keil license.
When compiling the S2E_App with GCC, it is normal for the resulting binary to be larger. Keil and GCC use very different optimization and linking strategies, so reproducing the ~60 kB Keil output exactly with GCC is practically very difficult.
Thanks
RE: RE: Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
by winaw90106 ·
After fine-tuning compiler/linker parameters I ended up having 74KB binary file. I am fine by that. What comes to Keil 5 support I would very much like to see the project updated. In minimum based on something that is supported to day and if I may wish, make it vendor independent. The nature of the product line would benefit from that. But this is IMHO of course.
RE: Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
by winaw90106 ·
Looks like my port of 1.45 only works with bootloaders <= 1.29. According to a quick analysis it seems that 1.30+ bootloaders do not copy ISR vector area to 0x00 anymore. Just wondering how this is now done? Vectors are copied as part of the APP startup code or vector address is changed in the APP start procedure?
RE: Compiling WIZ750SR on Linux
by kbenyous ·
Hello. I have forked the WIZ750SR Github repository, and started implementing a port from ARM Keil to GCC. I use ARM-GNU-GCC and CMake, and it runs fine with VSCode in WSL.
https://github.com/kbenyous/WIZ750SR/tree/feature/gcc_cmake
Comments are welcomed, do not hesitate to open an issue.