W5100 Ethernet Module Unidentified Network Issue
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 Ethernet Module Unidentified Network Issue
by Eugeny ·
You did not mention how PC is connected to W5100. If it is direct connect, then this is not an error - it just tells you windows can’t identify the network. It does NOT mean it can’t connect to the network.
You try to connect to the W5100, not sure if it can be qualified as “monitor data”. You can monitor network data using Wireshark, but by connecting to the network node you can only get data that node is ready to give you. In this case something is broken. Use Wireshark to see what is going on.
This means someone has connected to the chip’s socket and finished the connection. See the datasheet for code explanations.
Again, you will find workflow guidance in the datasheet chapter 5.
RE: RE: W5100 Ethernet Module Unidentified Network Issue
by ahmetkcavusoglu ·
I am using an NUC029SGE microcontroller to drive the W5100 via SPI and receive data. I can also open a socket and send data in string format. Previously, I was able to see the incoming data through Hercules, so I proceeded with it. However, I currently can’t figure out why I can’t see the data now.
As per your advice, I will try using Wireshark and review chapter 5.
RE: W5100 Ethernet Module Unidentified Network Issue
by Eugeny ·
Wireshark will show you what is going on in the network. If that communication (or at least start of communication) is correct, then it’s time to dig into your code - datasheet is your first help.