about timeout connect() w5500
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: about timeout connect() w5500
by Eugeny ·
A number of reasons. 192.168.88.171 is located in different subnetwork - and communication will involve gateway, so you must have its IP address set up properly and have it properly functioning. Port 5354 may not be listened to.
The cause for timeout is W5500 not able to communicate with the target device or another device (router/gateway) about target device.
RE: RE: about timeout connect() w5500
by Lam Dang ·
i checked ip with command prompt
cmd: netstat -a -n
TCP 169.254.185.191:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
cmd : ipconfig
Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c0fb:bdf4:8d90:876e%13
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.185.191
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.45
i try using this ip “169.254.185.191” but it is not work, connection() returned SOCKERR_SOCKCLOSED. Why???
RE: about timeout connect() w5500
by Eugeny ·
Link-local address - Wikipedia
What are you doing? First original post was clear, this second one is completely out of blue.
RE: about timeout connect() w5500
by Lam Dang ·
I mean I see you’re right and checked the connections again with the command prompt, I realized the ip address 192,168,88,171 is the address that the laptop uses in the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi network so I tried switching to the address. The ip address is 169,254,185,191 which is the address the laptop uses to connect, and connects to port 139. I checked and found the port is in “listening” state but I still can’t connect.
RE: about timeout connect() w5500
by Eugeny ·
I think you have PC configuration issue. It should have valid gateway but bad IP address. Check its interface settings. Start with W5500 and PC being in the same network and see if it works.