reset when ip update from DHCP
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by becky ·
You don’t have to reset the W5500 as you say.
Update the Network registers and If there is an open socket, close it and open it again.
RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by Julio Beloso ·
ok,
I saw that the callback default_ip_update() in dhcp.c in the ioLibrary has a sw_reset. for that reason is my question.
regards
RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by Julio Beloso ·
Hi, I have another question
If the socket is UDP, it is necessary close and open? It seems that DHCP socket is still working without restarting it.
Regards
RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by becky ·
If you are using DHCP function of wiznet library, please do DHCP_run () after DHCP_init ().
RE: RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by Julio Beloso ·
Yes, I use DHCP function of wiznet library.
Should I run DHCP_init() when the delivered ip from DHCP server has changed?
I can not see where the DHCP socket is closed. I only can see “close(DHCP_SOCKET);” in the DHCP_stop() function, and this is not executed.
regards
RE: reset when ip update from DHCP
by becky ·
I guess you asked this question because I told you to close and open the socket when updating ip. The DHCP socket does not need to be closed and opened. I told you to close and open the socket because it can cause confusion if you are communicating with a specific target.
For example, if the W5500 was communicating with the server as a TCP client, there may be a problem when transferring data to the server after your IP is changed. But this is not essential.