[From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
by ywkwon ·
Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in wiz110sr.
When SW1 value set up ‘0’, It operate as factory reset.
Why are J1 connected to the J3 like that?
For reference
Thanks,
WIZnet
RE: [From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
by safe1234 ·
I have configured over 200 of the Wiz110sr STEs.
I have several that have decided to do whatever they wanted after using them for a period of time. Some, all the settings change others the versions changes. A few, when I set to DHCP they went bad. Settings all changed.
Some I can change the settings back to the way I want them and then click on settings. Get out of Wiznet then get back to Wiznet click on Search and nothing comes up. Remove the power and power back up.
Click on search and it is back to the way it was when I started. No good. Did not save anything.
If my version changed for some reason. I can upload it again but it does not actually load into the STE.
Will a factory reset get me back to were it was when it was new. Or am I just out of luck?
RE: [From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
by ywkwon ·
Can not set the value via configuration tool?
WIZ110SR reset the values to factory value itself?
If yes, You need to request RMA.
Please contact seller. They will guide RMA process.
PS: New firmware version(5.10) will release soon. I guess It will be fine.
RE: [From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
by yv1hx ·
Hello there, this is my very first post here.
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, Although I don’t have (yet) the need of resetting my module, I should be prepared for his event, looking a the above attached photo, the area marked in white is labelled “SW1” with two solder pads, those pads is there where I need to short while power cycle the module for restoring the factory defaults?
A suggestion to the manual makers: I have the user manuals version 1.0 and 2.1.0 and as far as I can see, there is no mentions on how do the factory reset procedure. I think this procedure should be documented in the user manual.
Another suggestion to the configuration tool software makers: Would be handy to have a “Factory reset” button somewhere in the program.
RE: [From QnA] WIZ110SR Reset factory default
by ywkwon ·
Hello yv1hx,
Thanks for your suggestion!
We will try actively to apply your suggestion in future versions.
Thanks again!