W5500 and mbed-os 5
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
hello
I will update that’s code.
please, see this code.
Or you create mbed-os-example-sockets.
Import WIZnetInterface library to the project.
and modify file ‘mbed_app.json’
{
}
and check file ‘mbed_lib.json’ in WIZnetInterface
{
}
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by JojoS ·
Hello Teddy,
tanks for your fast reply and your support.
The recommended Wiznet Library contains the same problems, f.e. that init first sets the mac address and then calls reset. This deletes the mac and dhcp will fail:
In the meantime, I was able to fix a numer of problems by myself:
I also don’t want to use easy_connect because it is deprecated with current Mbed mechanism to get default EthernetInterface. I’m checking how to integrate it to existing Mbed classes to use also Mbed dhcp and bring_up/down interface. The existing code works only when the ethernet is plugged in at system start.
I can publish this on github if you want to adopt or review my changes.
RE: RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
hello
Now we checked after MBED-OS version updated our code did not execute.
I’m checking. please wait.
I always welcome your opinion. And there is a thought to change.
And here WIZNET_ACCEPT_TIMEOUT is that can’t wait indefinitely before connecting, so we’ve set a timeout.
Thank you.
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by JojoS ·
Thanks again for your support.
This timeout I have already modified:
with WIZNET_ACCEPT_TIMEOUT=WIZNET_TIMEOUT_INFINITE is infinite waiting.
But I’ve checked the generic ioLibrary, maybe it is better to start from scratch with this library?
And instead of using polling, the interrupt and using Mbed Events sounds like a smarter solution?
I have checked also if I can use TCPsocket.set_blocking(false), but the blocking or timeout for reading is not used in the recv/send function.
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
Hello
your code is dangerous. if It is not connected, maybe Your program is stuck in an infinite loop and can do nothing.
If timeouts are frequent, it is recommended to increase the timeout time.
And I don’t understand this question.
I think the interrupt or Mbed Event method is more efficient.
TCPsocket.set_blocking(false) is not WIZNET Function.
now our send/recv Function is not used.
but I will check mbed-os internal Functions with WizInterface Function.
I’ll find a way to be compatible with MBED-OS internal functions and WIZInterface functions.
Thank you
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by JojoS ·
yes, you’re right. The code should handle events when the interface is coming up/down, f.e. when the network cable is pulled out and plugged in.
about ioLibrary: the mbed-os related code is a few years old, the ioLibrary is newer. So my question was if it is better to add mbed features to ioLibrary.
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
Hello
Yes. I think so that.
I will also consider the IOLibrary to add the MBED structure.
Thank you.
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
hello.
I’m sorry.
The schedule is getting late.
We will support you as soon as possible.
Please waits for more.
Thank you
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
Sorry.
We are currently working.
Please wait a little longer
RE: W5500 and mbed-os 5
by teddy ·
Hello Mike.
Sorry for the delay in response.
We updated WIZnetInterface for mbed-os 6.
It is the using method but language is Korean.
we will translate language later.
thanks.