Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by Eugeny ·
Try changing MAC address to the laptop’s one (disconnecting laptop prior connecting WIZ with this MAC address) so that WIZ would look like your laptop and see if request will get through the switch/router. Connect WIZ into the port laptop was connected to.
I do not think you have control over padding in ARP request, and do not remember it was causing issues.
RE: RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by CraigTZ ·
Unfortunately that didn’t work.
I am able to see the DHCP lease on the router itself, it just seems to not respond to ARP at all. I’ve tried two different routers with the same result.
RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by CraigTZ ·
Still struggling with this, can someone please help?
RE: RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by Eugeny ·
There’s utility called NMAP, and you can use it sending exactly the packet W5100 sends, but from your PC - to prove or deny hypothesis that padding is the cause of the issue. First send the data PC sends to see (and prove) if it will yield reply, then send packet of W5100 with padding and see if it will also get reply or not.
RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by CraigTZ ·
I’ve downloaded NMAP, but it seems to have a pretty steep learning curve for the network amateur. I have no idea how to send a fake packet over my ethernet connection. As far as I understand I want to use the nping functionality but beyond that I’m lost.
RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by Eugeny ·
That’s correct. I think you must make the binary file with contents of the packet, and then feed it to NMAP together with command line options. Start Wireshark on the PC, and run NMAP on it - and you must see packet exchange in Wireshark log.
RE: Sending UDP unicast fails to get ARP response?
by CraigTZ ·
Struggling to find any documentation on this.
There’s and argument to load a host file (Target Specification | Nmap Network Scanning), and also an argument to append data (–data).
I can’t find something that will just allow me to feed in the hex of the ARP packet.
My best attempt so far was to use a command to try to spoof the ARP packet.
This does get a response, but when I look at the packet it also still originates from my laptop MAC, so it’s hard to call it an accurate comparison: