w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
by irina WIZnet ·
I think you will have to find ethernet compliance test vendor. Because it would be very expensive the equipment for ethernet compliance testing.
If you send us your hardware,we can test it.
RE: w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
by benjamin3er ·
Thank You for your answer.
I’m well equiped with hardware, so from this side there is no problem to run some tests.
I’m in the situation that I want the w5500 to produce/output some testpatterns.

Searching the web, I’ve seen this example (I know that this is from another chip, but I thought that the principle might be similar):
(from http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/AN2686-Ethernet-Compliance-Test-10BASET-100BASETX-1000BASET.pdf)
So is there a way to produce such testpattern in the w5500? Either by writing some regsiters or by stimulating some pins ?
Somehow it can be done as this document says:
(grandatech.com is for sale | HugeDomains)
And thanks for your offer to test my hardware, I might come back to this…
RE: RE: w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
by scott WIZnet ·
Dear @benjamin3er
Do you want ‘Full Duplex, Disable Auto-Negotiation’ setting that you want?
Our test equipment allows us to test without any special setup.
Do you need to set any special settings for your equipment?
Scott
RE: w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
by benjamin3er ·
This was just an example, I want to know how I can enter e.g. Test Mode 3, the transmit jitter test, or Test Mode 4 the transmitter disortion test…
I know how to select the different operation mode using the bits 5~3 in the PHYCFGR. The unknown how to tell the PHY to enter “test mode” / generate the test patterns.
As far as I know there are a couple of standardised tests for ethernet compliance.
Maybe I got the whole thing wrong. I was assuming that I bring the w5500-phy to “output” a test pattern (e.g. by writting some registers) and measure it with the oscilloscope.
Is there another way, e.g. to directly stimulate the PHY by sending some signales directly on the wires ?
Best regards.
RE: RE: w5500 (ethernet) compliance tests
by scott WIZnet ·
Dear @benjamin3er
There is nothing to set for the W5500.
The test waveform is automatically output when connected to the test equipment.
Thank you.