Cannot receive ethernet packets
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by scott WIZnet ·
Hi gthind
Your circuit is not expected to be problematic. Your problem may be to check the PCB Gerber file.
Can you upload the Gerber file here? The picture is fine, too.
Scott
RE: RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by gthind ·
Hi Scott,
I just started working on the new layout, but as reference I’ve an R&D board file. Which I think is incorrect according to W5500 layout design rules.
Thanks, gthind
RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by scott WIZnet ·
I think it’s very bad.
Please refer to the URL below.
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=design_guide:hardware:start
Thank you
RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by gthind ·
Hi Scott,
I did the PCB layout for that board again with W5500 IC. I kept the tx+ tx- traces distance 10mil.
RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by scott WIZnet ·
Dear gthind
I think you designed it well. What layer is this PCB?
Do you have any questions?
thank you.
RE: Cannot receive ethernet packets
by gthind ·
This is 4 layer PCB with area underneath RJ45 completely isolated. Thanks, GT