Connection over Internet using S2E
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by rena ·
Hello, @neo.
I didn’t understand what your question means.
Do you want to control the device on a remote network?
Please give more details.
Thank you.
RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by neo ·
Ok so I have a computer running wizvsp and it is at my home (Network 1).
Through VSP i want to communicate with WIZ750SR-TTL S2E over internet.
S2E is located at my office (Network 2). Now, i can configure S2E to act a server but then I cannot access it through Internet. Basically I want to access my serial device over internet.
RE: RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by rena ·
Hello, @neo,
Ok, I understood.
In this case, you can set up port forwarding on the server side network.
(In this case, WIZ750SR side)
and in the WIZVSP settings, change the remote host setting with external IP & forwarding port.
RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, @neo
And ‘Port Forwarding’ is not hard.
Your office Router has ‘Port Forwarding’ function. (set port number and local IP address)
And you need to fix the S2E IP address as local IP address assigned from Router.
Then you can connect to the S2E with Router external IP & S2E forwarding port.
Thank you
RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by neo ·
I have tried and successfully connected to WIZ750SR using port forwarding. But the only reason I am searching for an alternate method or a device is because my company is not so keen on opening ports to the outside internet traffic.
We have a VPN service which allows access into the company’s local area network but for reasons unknown, I am not able to connect to WIZ750SR over VPN.
RE: Connection over Internet using S2E
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, neo
Could you tell me more details about VPN network connection you tried?
WIZnet module does not support VPN client. So, WIZ750SR would be communicated via VPN router.
Thank you