No connection with the router, using FPGA board
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: No connection with the router, using FPGA board
by Eugeny ·
While this works, the more correct would be perform hard reset, then soft reset, then set all the attributes, and then, if needed, wait for link. There’s nothing useful in waiting for link unless your application explicitly does something special when link is off.
On which connector - W5500’s or router’s? Sounds like you keep W5500 in constant reset loop. During hardware or software reset PHY is also reset and it can be the cause of LEDs going off after establishing the link.
Keep in mind W5500 is having 8 hardware accelerated sockets.
RE: No connection with the router, using FPGA board
by cvu ·
Hi Eugeny. Thank you for your answer.
It seems that I was mixing up the ACT led with the LINK led. I was talking about the ethernet connector led on the little W5500 board and thought yellow means LINK, but it’s actually the other way around, that is the activity LED (which goes low/high) while the green led (LINK) is up solidly. Then I tried a ping from the computer to W5500 and all packets where sent/received correctly so the w5500 ip/cfg seems fine.
But still I don’t know why I don’t see see the device on the router page of static address hosts. At this point it’s probably not related to the w5500, but do you know what do I need for w5500 to be seen on the router? I guess I need to move to the next step of creating a web server, I need to figure out how it’s done, reverse the Arduino SW libs.
I guess that means only 8 connection at a time on the web server. But what does HW accelerated mean, like how do I make use of HW acceleration, is it transparent from user’s point of view?
Thanks in advance!
RE: RE: No connection with the router, using FPGA board
by Eugeny ·
You are wise. The cause may be DHCP message from the W5500, announcing its IP address and host name.
The value of Wxx00 chips is in their socket implementation, providing high level programming. But they also can work in IPRAW and MACRAW modes, while with severe performance penalty.
RE: No connection with the router, using FPGA board
by cvu ·
Thanks for all your support. We can consider this thread resolved. I may annoy you again in future with another thread
Cheers!