MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi~aripod, Welcome, stranger.
I think you should check the MISO signal that whether or not it connected to other product.
(or something to driveing MISO )
Could you please send me your schematic?
Email : ekkim@wiznet.io
thanks,
BR
irina
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
Hello @irina_kim, thank you for the quick reply!
I actually have a WIZ820io connected directly to an FPGA. So, SCLK, SS, MOSI and MISO go directly to a PMOD connector. Therefore, there is nothing driving MISO other than the FPGA. SCLK is running at 400 kHz. It is quite slow so I don’t think that is the problem.
RE: RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by Eugeny ·
Is the FPGA pin connected to MISO line configured as output, input or inout?
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
Hello @Eugeny,
MISO is configured as input:
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
That was a good hint. I unplugged MISO from the FPGA and only left the oscilloscope and MISO looks correct.
There is an IBUF connected to MISO but that cannot be the issue, right?

RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
It is just an input buffer connected internally from the PMOD port to my logic.
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by Eugeny ·
Put real 3.3V non-inverting buffer in between of MISO pin of W5200 and FPGA input. Then you will be able to probe both to see if W5200 is originally having issue, or issue will happen only at the buffer’s output.
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
I did not find any buffer so I have to wait but regardless, I tested with writing 0xAA and this is what I got without connecting MISO to the PMOD (only to the oscilloscope)
And then when I re-connect MISO to the PMOD:
It seems like the signal is getting shrinked. How can that be?
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by Eugeny ·
Grounding problem? Put scope between grounds of the W5100 and FPGA and ensure there’s always zero potential between them.
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
So actually the signal is not shrinking…those 4 pulses are not representative. They are on the falling edge of SCLK and only for the first 4 pulses. The same effect happens when I put a pullup on SS.
This is the measure when connecting the oscilloscope between grounds:
These ~250mV (~500mV peak to peak) are on every edge of SCLK.
RE: MISO pulses shorter than SCLK period
by aripod ·
It seems to be solved. I removed the breadboard and connected directly the WIZ820io to the PMOD on the FPGA and now I get the proper response on MISO.