No Miso response when trying to read register
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: No Miso response when trying to read register
by Matt Danecca ·
Tested CLK, MOSI and CS all on the Wiznet W5500 pins and they are all getting to the chip, just no MISO signals are being sent back at all
RE: No Miso response when trying to read register
by Matt Danecca ·
If I wait till CS line is pulled high before powering the Wiznet chip I get very occasional MISO data. I am sending the read command and get these 4 lots of 4 bytes randomly, maybe every 10-20 seconds:

Same values everytime it does happen
RE: RE: No Miso response when trying to read register
by Matt Danecca ·
Update: The XI side of my crystal is not oscillating. I get 25MHz on the Xo side but not XI. That would explain why it is not working I guess