Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by becky ·
Hello,
First, I want you to check if PC receive a response when sends PING to WIZ750SR.
RE: RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by neo ·
Hello @becky,
Yes I do receive the Ping response at 0% loss.
But on the VSP side running server mode with “Start listening only when local virtual port is open” UNCHECKED, I still cannot see any active connections/remote hosts.
Wiz750SR S2E is configured as a client with my computer’s IP and PORT address as its remote host settings.
RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by rena ·
Hello @neo.
The firewall may be the problem.
Even if data is transmitted and received when using Hercules in a local PC environment,
When using WIZ750SR-TTL, the connection may not be established due to the firewall problem.
Please turn off the firewall and test it, and let me know if you still have a problem.
Thank you.
RE: RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by neo ·
@rena: I tried establishing communication after disabling firewall but still no luck.
Although, by setting the WIZ750SR as server and running client mode on VSP the communication works just fine even with the firewall ON.
But for my application, I want WIZ750SR to run as client and VSP to run as server.
RE: RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by neo ·
@rena I was disabling my antivirus software firewall but after disabling Windows 10 Firewall the connection was established as I wanted. I have added the program to exclusion list but the firewall still seems to be blocking it.
Let me know if you know anything in this regards. Thank you for all the help!
RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by rena ·
Hello, @neo,
Then, you can set inbound & outbound rules in Windows Defender Firewall.
In the Firewall Advanced settings, set the rule type to port and enter the TCP port to use.
(Range also possible)
Thank you.
RE: RE: Transfer Data Between Wiz750SR-TTL and VSP
by neo ·
Thank you!
It certainly helped me fix the problem!