W5500 throughput optimization
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 throughput optimization
by 4jochen ·
I’m not sure about the buffer. It is killed maybe while socked close and re-open.
Maybe WIZnet engineers in Korea can help here as well.
But before asking their limmited time for support here I like to know if 35 to 40 Mbps is not enough ?
That is the speed you can have with the SPI on one socket quite easy - even under dDoS attack ;-).
See here:
But we had customers using the W5300 with parallel I/F and FPGAs and made it ~ 80 Mbps speed.
RE: RE: W5500 throughput optimization
by Andi ·
Hello 4jochen,
thank you for your answer. I think I might be running in the problem you predictated with fast reopening of sockets. Is there a more elegant way of reseting the socket’s TX read Pointer to zero than closing and reopening
the socket?