W5500 reads strange socket status (0x01) after a while
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 reads strange socket status (0x01) after a while
by Eugeny ·
This seems not to be valid state of socket when connection is already established. My immediate guess is that something causes W5500 sending ARP request, and never receiving reply (being stuck in state 0x01). I did not try this, and think it is not valid operation, but may it happens that IP address (of gateway, of remote device) is being corrupt during operation?
What you can do - as soon as device goes into 0x01 state, perform full dump of the common registers and socket registers and check if all settings are correct.
Next step would be running Wireshark, but I assume it may be a lot of data capturing packets for several hours, but that’s good that there’s nothing else on the network, only these two devices. Then you note time when issue happens with W5500, and look into Wireshark log what happens around this event time.
RE: RE: W5500 reads strange socket status (0x01) after a while
by Skyfox ·
Thank you for response.
It seems a bit unusual, since W5500 is configured as server and only listens for connection. It is not sending a connection request.
Only one Socket of W5500 is used for this and the remote device is a well proven SPS. The cable is directly connected, no HUB/Switch whatsoever.
I have to look tomorrow, because I think I already have a wireshark capture of it, but ignored it in a way. It was only saying RST requests from one, SYN requests from the other device. (I don’t remember which device startet it :-))
Right now I stripped out any logic from my device and will run a test overnight just with hardcoded bytestream to take out any timing/interrupt issues out of the equation.
One time it took 17.239 seconds to get the error (approx. 4h48min).
In SPS I have two counter, one starting at startup, one starting on first connectionError.
That would give me a good chance for wireshark … again
I’ll let you know if I get any news.