Problem init WizFi250
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problem init WizFi250
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi,
I apologize for late reply.
It is possible to communicate with SPI between WizFi250 and Mega2560.
You should set SPI mode before SPI communication.
I think it is helpful. plz check below link.
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#at_mspi
Best Regards,
Tom
RE: Problem init WizFi250
by Werk AG ·
Hi Tom, tanks for your reply.
This is from the document referred in your answer (which I already had read)
"AT Command Set
This section provides a list of WizFi250 AT commands and their effects. Users can input commands and parameters through USART line
As I tried to say, I designed my board without any connection to the USART lines of the WizFi250 module. In my project I’m already using all the 4 uarts of the Mega, this was the main reason why I choose an SPI WiFi module. So, how I can send AT command’s to make it work in SPI mode?
Is it a requirement having the USART lines connected from the MCU to the WizFi module to make it work in SPI?
After having the module powered, should I see any WiFi network?
Answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated. This project is on hold until I solve this question.
Once again, thank you.
RE: RE: Problem init WizFi250
by Werk AG ·
I’m really sad about the lack of support for this product.
I don’t have the development board, I’m just trying to design a product that uses these WiFi modules. It is so hard to reply to costumers answers within an acceptable time frame?
Thank you
RE: Problem init WizFi250
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Werk
I am aplogize sincerely…
I have no excuse for late answer.
I hope you it is helpful.
WizFi250 supports SPI interface and of course SPI line !
H/W connection should be like below.
Arduino (SPI Master) ---- WizFi250 (SPI Slave) ------- Remarks------------------
Allocate your GPIO ------- GPIO14 (50) --------------- WizFi250 Data Ready
MSPI_MISO ----------------- SPI_MISO (21) ------------- SPI Master In/Slave Out
MSPI_CLK ------------------- SPI_SCK (22) ------------- SPI Clock
MSPI_CS ---------------------- SPI_SS (24) --------------- SPI Chip Select
MSPI_MOSI ----------------- SPI_MOSI (23) ------------- SPI Master Out/Slave In
GND ----------------------------- GND ------------------- Command Ground
And, we provide a SPI interface s/w examples based on arduino.
github.com/Wiznet/Arduino_WizFi2504
I hope you it will be helpful to solve your qeustions.
If you have other problems, ask anytime !!!
Thanks,