How is ARP Timeout indicated?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Eugeny ·
According to datasheet (see page 39 in RCR explanation section) timeout should be set as you explain.
You must enable interrupts using SIMR and Sn_IMR. Do you do it?
RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Bertram ·
Hi Eugeny
Thank you. RCR works very well. the timeout is exactly the value I gave the chip byy RTR and RCR.
I also played wir the Maskbits including SIR. I understand, if a IR Bit is set due to an event the mask bits enable the interrupt go through.
My problem is, that the Flags are never set. even if I am polling the register.
Again on the network side every is absolutely fine. only the “CPU side” is the issue.
RE: RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Eugeny ·
Datasheets is a little confusing about the explanation of the interrupt registers.
Socket interrupt control:
Common interrupt control:
Thus to be able to poll bit in Sn_IR you still need its corresponding Sn_IMR bit to be set; if you do not want these bits to generate hardware interrupt - you must set socket corresponding SIMR bit to 0.
I hope it is clearer now (for you and also for me). I also hope that I am correct
RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Bertram ·
Well, this is what I did; and as far as I can see, close to your explanation:
I am using the wiznet Library. I just renamed socket to wiz_socket as this may collide with Win32 implementation.
with the StartTime and EndTime I can measure a possible timeout.
Sn_IR always reads 0x00.
(code is running on WIn7. and 9HCS12X.)
};
uint8_t addr[4] = {
192,168,0,88
};
wizchip_sw_reset();
wizchip_setnetinfo( &NetInfo );
wiz_socket(0, Sn_MR_UDP, 10000, 0);
RE: RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Eugeny ·
Here’s what I found saying the following:
As long as it may return error SOCKERR_TIMEOUT, I assume it checks for IR bits, and clears them, and that’s why you never see them set. I have no source for the sendto routine, check it yourself as you should have it.
RE: How is ARP Timeout indicated?
by Bertram ·
You are absolutely right. the bit is read by the function sento. i can see the SOCKERR_TIMEOUT (-13) returned by the function. My fault.
you have been of great help, thanks a lot. I owe you something!