data bus is unstable during the read process
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hello, farzaneh
Thank you for your interest in W5300.
Before look for the reason, could you let me know which interface you used?
There is Direct and Indirect interfaces in W5300.
And did you read other registers? like IP address or MAC address you wrote down.
Thank you,
lawrence
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by farzaneh ·
I used, Direct Address Mode, 8 bit data bus width. And yes I read other registers like Mac Address. they behave in the same way.
I have uploaded the waveform.
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by farzaneh ·
Also, I should mention that unless I set a specific set of registers, data bus always shows invalid data during read operation. after setting registers to open a udp port and send data over udp connection (writing to tx memory), I can read some value from data bus but as I said before it is not stable. I really need your help. I can not understand what is going on here!
RE: RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by Eugeny ·
Show circuit diagram depicting connection of the W5300 to the FPGA, and W5300 wiring in general.
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hello, farzaneh
Do you set MR[RDH] as high ?
If it is, it causes data collision with 2xPLL_CLK.
And also I want to know the connection between W5300 and FPGA like Eugeny.
Thank you
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by farzaneh ·
Problem is solved! I check the design and it seems that W5300 shares the data bus with the USB part. I disabled the USB and read operation worked! thank you very much.
RE: RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Your welcome!
You made it!!
By the way, feel free to ask anything about w5300.
Thank you
lawrence
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by faraz sahandi ·
Hi Farzaneh. i also want to program a wiznet by FPGA Spartan6. i Have written a code but it doesnt work at all. I have a question. if i set a proper VCC and VDD for W5300, should the LED blink as soon as i connect the LAN cable?
because i dont see any LEDs blinking when i connect the LAN cable to my board and also the PC doesnt recognize a new LAN connection.
my question is that if i connect the lan cable, without programming the FPGA, should the LED start to blink?
RE: RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by Eugeny ·
You should see LEDs blinking if you properly designed the hardware (see reference schematic) and W5300 chip is properly powered, clocked, and not in reset mode.
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by faraz sahandi ·
Hi. thanks for your answer. yes i have put a 25MHz crystal between XTLP and XTLN pins of w5300
I also have pulled down “RSET_BG” pin to ground by 12300ohm resistor
and the “/RESET” pin has 0Volt when i power up the board
but when i connect the lan cable to the board, no LED is blinking
so what can be the problem? i dont program FPGA and i think the code that i program it on the FPGA, cant cause LEDs not blink when /RESET pin is low. am i right?
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by Eugeny ·
I think 0 volt means reset mode active?
RE: data bus is unstable during the read process
by sajjad kashkouie ·
how should i understand that my hardware(w5300) is designed properly?