XDATA corruption from user_flash_read /_write
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: XDATA corruption from user_flash_read /_write
by irina WIZnet ·
I’ll check this issue from the person in charge.
RE: XDATA corruption from user_flash_read /_write
by irina WIZnet ·
I wish you would change the Memory Model as “Large: variables in XDATA” in target tab of option.
And when you changed the mode, I want to know if the same issue occurs.
Could you please you send me your project if it is possible to send project?
RE: RE: XDATA corruption from user_flash_read /_write
by John Hentges ·
Hello,
memory model. While trying to diagnose this symptom I tried the
other two options to no avail.
I am attaching the project files from before I started trying to fix
the issue. This contains everything needed to rebuild the code that
demonstrates the issue. The “current” code has moved all the small
XDATA variables into DATA to avoid them being overwritten, but
that’s not actually a fix. :-\
The variable that is getting overwritten (the variable we know is
getting overwritten — the overwrite probably affects many more
bytes) is “currentIDO”
In case the attachment doesn’t come through you can download it from
here:
41041.zip (547 KB)
RE: XDATA corruption from user_flash_read /_write
by irina WIZnet ·
In my private opinion,I want you don’t use the standard printf function.
I suspect that the stack is broken because of the printf function.
So, I recommend that you don’t use the printf function and try again.
Reference link for printf(C51): C51: WHY NUMBER OF BYTES PASSED TO PRINTF IS LIMITED