wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by Sachin Gole ·
My source code is
Some how I am not getting static IP set to W5100 ethernet shield.
RE: RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by Eugeny ·
What I see immediately is that
0:0:28:dd:fd:ecis almost exactly the half of0:0:50:ba:fb:d8.282=50; dd2=1ba, fd2=1fa, ec2=1d8. As there’s one LSB mismatch (in FD/FB), I make a supposition that, if you use SPI, you somehow confuse bit stream, shifting data one bit early (or too late), or read data on wrong clock pulse, and last bit in values you read is a random dangling bit.
Thus:
RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by Sachin Gole ·
Thank you for your help in analyzing issue and replying back.
1. check your SPI command/data shifting algorithm during writing and during reading (maybe issue in reading, not writing)?Adding ethernet connectivity to a STM32-Nucleo
2. ensure you wired all things correctly (applicable if you use parallel access to the chip).connections are done as per link mentioned on Adding ethernet connectivity to a STM32-Nucleo
Arduino ICSP PIN 1 (MISO) to Nucleo PIN PB_14.
Arduino ICSP PIN 4 (MOSI) to Nucleo PIN PB_15.
Arduino ICSP PIN 3 (SCK) to Nucleo PIN PB_13.
Arduino D10 PIN (SS) to Nucleo PIN PB_12.
Now only case which I can imagine is, as you know that ethernet SPI connection need to be done explicitly not through Ardeuno connector so I have reversed SPI connector by de-soldering and soldering on reverse side. So this exercise might have broke my connection with track.
1. I can imagine issue may be with connection, However I have verified by Multimeter connectivity. I will check again. I have ordered 2 more boards.
2. As I am following link exactly as it is, Do you think any other thing which I could try.
3. Do you think any specific need to done with system clock so SPI will work.
Best regards,
Sachin
RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by Sachin Gole ·
There was issue with my system clock setup, It is fixed now. I can getting correct IP configured, It is working as expected.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Sachin
RE: RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by panza ·
Same problem here. After been setted, the wizchip_getnetinfo() call returns 255 values for all ip, subnet and gateway.
Can you deeper explain how you solve it?
RE: wizchip_setnetinfo set configuration doesnt set static IP
by Eugeny ·
If chip is reset properly and nothing had been written to these registers it returns zeroes for all these fields.
If you get 255 for them, then you either have written 255 to these fields before, or chip did not initialize properly. Do you wait required time after power on and check if software reset had been completed before configuring chip?