W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Coccoliso ·
Hello,
an extraction from sources that are on the site along with the documentation:
… the Sn_IR is read and then rewritten safely.
if you need them in the forum there are several implementations in this regard and several resolutions:
[url]W5100 interrupt driven server - #2 by hjjeon0608]
[url]Interrupts don't fire if reading status register - #14 by midnightcow]
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
Thank you. Please give example of the code, which will cause hardware interrupt when socket 0 has received data (RECV bit of Sn_IR), but does not cause hardware interrupt for sending on socket 0 (SEND_OK bit of Sn_IR).
See attached - circled RED. [R] - means for reading only. Writable registers are marked [R/W].
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
I require Wiznet to explain its position regarding problems I found in its documentation, and give detailed answers to questions I asked.
At present I see that Wiznet does not have any support capability for its products.
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by irinakim ·
Hi,
we will modify the typing error.
Sn_IR signifies RCW1.
ReadClearWrite1 (RCW1) Software can read as well as clear this bit by writing 1. Writing ‘0’ has no
effect on the bit value.
Please refer to attached file and it is an extract from a W5500 datasheet document.
thanks

irinkim
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
Hello, thank you very much.
I attach two screenshots. I am debugging chip operations manually.
I initialized socket in UDP (22h). Then I put DHCP packet into the buffer at 0, and increased TX by 224h bytes. You can see this all on screenshots. Then I give command 21h, and nothing happens. Send LED does not blink, TX register remains 224h, free space register decreases by 224h.
However socket CR register returns to 0 value.
What’s wrong? I would expect W5100 immediately after 21h command send packet, keep write register 224h, keep free size 1000h (I have 4K buffers), and increase read register by 224h. Instead it is stuck with write register 224h, free size 0ddch, and read register 0. No interrupts are generated (mask 03h is set - interrupt sfrom sockets 0 and 1).
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
Well, after some testing it seems it does what I expect it to do.
Does UDP packet also require header? How can I check what W5100 sends to the wire?
I did another test. I set up fixed configuration for receiving on port 21 (FTP). When I start FTP or telnet on port 21 from remote computer, W5100 flashes LEDs, but receives nothing. NOTHING. Receive pointer is zero.
Another test - initialization in TCP. First 01 - open, then 02 - listen. I perform telnet from remote computer on port 21, and type something. This something gets into the buffer W5100, so I conclude W5100 as device works properly - at least in TCP mode.
What is about UDP mode? How can I test it? Does outgoing packet require header?
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
Ok, it receives packets in proper format and content. I use ncat to send these packets. However backward direction, from W5100 to listening ncat, still does not work. Ncat says “connect: no error”…
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Coccoliso ·
I do not know if this can help but I noticed that you say that put your package starting from the zero position of the TX buffer.
In all the examples I’ve seen the first position of the transmit buffer is read from the registry Sn_TX_WR.
Sn_TX_WR value is the start position for the chip logic when start the transmission not 0.
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Eugeny ·
This register is 0 after connection opening. I can see this data live in the dump, so there is no uncertainty here.
Anyway, I have DHCP working now. Great thanks to Wireshark and Irina Kim. There were several stupid mistakes, starting from wrong MAC address ending with wrong source IP address. I learned that there’re bits of MAC address which should NOT be set for connection working properly at the UDP recipient side.
RE: W5100 datasheet / information issue (1.2.5)
by Speeder ·
Eugeny,
Hi I need some help from you please. I see you are further on the path than we are.
We need to interrupt on recieve data from internet to W1500.
When we set up an interrupt on socket 0 we get an interrupt on send data from the micro to the W1500 but not a receive interrupt.
Can you tell me what sequence you have found for read / write to:-
S0_IR
IR
IMR
what do we set up or send to these?
Do we need to access other registers?
Thank you and
Best Regards
Andrew