The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
by Eugeny ·
It may happen in two cases:
I see the RST packet is having issue as Wireshark complains that ACK flag is not set but ACK number is not zero, but even some wrong value.
So your task is relatively simple: (1) perform socket state dump when you need it state so that you can see which state socket is in; and if it will show that W5100 socket is ok, (2) check what is going on at the W5100 side with wireshark installed on the network bridge device.
RE: The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
by ttc ·
Thank you for your quick answer.
In case1:
When W5100 recieved Query, but Sn_SR became the SOCK_CLOSED unexpectedly,
w5100 response RST.
I understood as above.
In Case2:
W5100 and The other equipment are connected only by the hub.
No Routers or proxies used.
My wireshark log collected using the port mirroring function.
so I can’t try task(2).
First of all, I’ll check socket state(Sn_SR).
RE: RE: The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
by Eugeny ·
Right, then only two devices are involved, and W5100 closing socket (without disconnecting) is the most probably cause.
RE: The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
by ttc ·
Thank you, problem is solved.
I checked Sn_SR carefully, I was rewiting the Sn_CR at an unintended place.
So Sn_SR has been changed to SOCK_INIT.
At that time W5100 was issuing RST.
We reviewed and corrected the whole place,
RST was out once every 30 minutes before, at least three hours have passed.
Спасибо, Eugeny!
RE: The W5100 issues reset packet unexpectedly
by norouter34 ·
I would have tried resetting my router. Most of the times it does solves the issue. Else you can try port forwarding your router’s ip address from 192.168.10.100 (https://10-0-0-0-1.org/router-login-ip/192-168-10-100/) to some other ip address like 10.0.0.1