W5500 silicon bugs?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 silicon bugs?
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi,
I think you read wrong value. Sn_IR cannot be 0x20.
First read version register and check it is right value.
Thanks.
RE: W5500 silicon bugs?
by Zick ·
Error #1:
I already checked VERSIONR before.
That would be quite weird to have a substantial bug in my spi lib although sending and receiving works flawlessly.
Error #2 and #3:
what about these?
RE: W5500 silicon bugs?
by hjjeon0608 ·
All about errors may be occurred by register access, I think.
You can access memory correctly, but you cannot access register correctly.
So, I recommend to debug SPI lib or check SPI pins by like oscilloscope.
RE: W5500 silicon bugs?
by Zick ·
Thanks for coming back to me.
But before I do access memory I read Sn_RX_RSR to get frame length and read Sn_RX_RD to get start address.
How can spi fail on Sn_IR but work for all other registers?
I’ve already spent quite a bit of time on debugging and like to get some kind of proof that this behavior can’t be reproduced
If you like, do the following test:
That’s where I get an infinite loop.