Maximum data throughput at 921600 baud
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Maximum data throughput at 921600 baud
by ssekim ·
First, in high baud rate like 921600, it needs H/W flow control(CTS/RTS).
Without the H/W flow control, maybe there can be some packet loss or some trouble.
When you use <AT+SSEND>, you should issue <next AT+SSEND> after confirm [OK] of <current AT+SSEND>.
Because, if there is some WiFi traffic-jam, it can take 2~3 seconds to return [OK] of <AT+SSEND>.
Note that you should issue <AT+SSEND> after previous <AT+SSEND>.
And refer to the below link.
[url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:appendix[/url]
Regards, Steve
RE: Maximum data throughput at 921600 baud
by anglial ·
Thanks Steve,
I will carefully test to see if HW flow control is necessary in my implementation. I will only be using UDP, and a few packets lost every now and then are not a problem. I will put in flow control if it needs it.
If I only use UDP, how would it be possible for there to be a WiFi traffic-jam ? I don’t think this will happen, but my code could check for the [OK], then ignore it and send the next packet. I intend to set the timing so this is not necessary though.
I found that in one test, even though the client end was reading 1000 bytes every 14 ms, it never complained and always sent the [OK] to the AT+SSEND. The problem occurred at the other end where it took 17ms to write the same data back out again, resulting in data being lost over time.
You did not answer my question however…
“Is that the limit, or is there something I can do to make it shorten the stop bit and increase the data throughput? I need to get a packet of 1000 bytes through every 15ms”
I guess that there is no way to reduce the stop bit length ? Ok thats fine, the limit has been reached at 921600 baud.
Is the answer to my data thoughput requirement to use the serial ports at 1843200 baud instead?
RE: Maximum data throughput at 921600 baud
by ssekim ·
As you said, I guess that it’s not easy to reduce the stop bit length.
And, if you want to increase data-throughput, try as below.
Regards