Info regarding use of IRQ
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Info regarding use of IRQ
by somnatic ·
Hi midnightcow
I understand that data must not be sent or received in the interrupt handler. I do not want/need to do this.
In my program main loop, I have the tcp_loopback part which continuously performs SPI transfers. What I meant was not to require these transfers until really something has changed. Can this be achieved with the IRQ signal line? So can I say that if a transfer needs to be performed, the IRQ line will inform me, I will set a flag and then (some time shortly after in my main loop) I will initiate the SPI transfer? Or does the IRQ line only signal specific events and I will need to use polling in any case.
RE: Info regarding use of IRQ
by somnatic ·
Do you plan on adding this feature to the W5500 driver?
fyi: I made a Altium library (schematic + footprint + 3D) for the W5500, after our internal review I can send it you if you want to have it (plus some screenshots how it looks so you can review it as well).
RE: Info regarding use of IRQ
by somnatic ·
Hi
I attached the Altium library as promised. Use at own risk.
w5500-altium.zip (65.2 KB)
RE: Info regarding use of IRQ
by somnatic ·
I could only attach 3 files, therefore added 3D view here