W5500 layout
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 layout
by wiznetmuseum ·
which is capacitor and resistor?
i can not distinguish on your brd file.
check the reference schematic of WIZnet’s WiKi
wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … fschematic
RE: W5500 layout
by Monkeh ·
[quote=“herosmirr”]check the reference schematic of WIZnet’s WiKi
wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … fschematic[/quote]
I’ve followed the reference schematic… I’m asking for layout advice.
RE: W5500 layout
by Monkeh ·
[quote=“herosmirr”]which is capacitor and resistor?
i can not distinguish on your brd file.[/quote]
It should be fairly clear from the very schematic you linked to… The silkscreen is turned off as I haven’t cleaned it up yet.
RE: W5500 layout
by wiznetmuseum ·
in your brd, arrow of orange color is pin1 of W5500. right?
could you explain what is the pin (box of orange color)?
we recommend designed 4-layers PCB.
but if you must make 2 layer PCB, i think that “the top plane around the pairs is 3V3A” is not good.
make top plane have ground too, like bottom.
RE: W5500 layout
by Monkeh ·
[quote=“herosmirr”]in your brd, arrow of orange color is pin1 of W5500. right?
could you explain what is the pin (box of orange color)?[/quote]
Yes. That’s the RX centertap.
Not an option, cannot make 4 layer boards with the software to hand.
[quote]but if you must make 2 layer PCB, i think that “the top plane around the pairs is 3V3A” is not good.
make it ground plane, too.[/quote]
All right, that’s doable.
Any other comments? Cheers.
RE: W5500 layout
by Editor1979 ·
I am looking for a good layout for this entire chip. Resistor, capacitor, and ethernet port values and the best placement on a dual-layer board. I am using a SI-50170 Ethernet port with LEDs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’d hate to make 1000 boards with this chip just to find I screwed something up.