[From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by jameskim ·
Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in Wiz108sr.
Wiz108r don’t support the driver source code,
Just bin file only support.
If you just want to use as test(for example, TCP connection), you have to connect the lan cable.
And If you want to use the test using serial port, you’re use the serial command.
For detailed information, please refer to user manual.
Thanks,
WIznet
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by jameskim ·
But could I make a COM Port director using the WIZ108SR?
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by jameskim ·
Dear customer,
If you want to debug, you have to check the “Enable debug message output” check box in configuration.
If this mode is checked, you can monitor the status of module and socket message like listen OK, connect fail etc. through serial terminal. If debug mode is on, debug message can cause abnormal operation of the serial device. Therefore, just use this mode only for debug mode.
thanks,
WIZnet
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by jckim ·
Congratulations on the opening of WIZnet FORUM !
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by vbuttstedt ·
I don’t need to debug, I have tested it via TCP/IP, and it works fine. What I need is really a way to create a virtual COM port on the PC, in order to be able to choose a COM port in an application and that that COM port is the TCP/IP serial device.
Is this possible?
RE: [From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?
by jameskim ·
I’m sorry that I misunderstood.
You wrote,
[quote]I don’t need to debug, I have tested it via TCP/IP, and it works fine. What I need is really a way to create a virtual COM port on the PC, in order to be able to choose a COM port in an application and that that COM port is the TCP/IP serial device.
Is this possible?[/quote]
Yes, you can use WIZVSP for Virtual COM port.
But, you need to do something in order to use WIZVSP.
I don’t know where you’re now. If you go to WIZnet’s web site ([url]http://www.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/howtobuy/Distributor.asp[/url]), then you can find a distributor who is near to you.
Then, you can request WIZVSP and registration key to that distributor.
Then they may support you.
Thank you.
javakys