Porting ioLibrary_Driver to PIC24 using CCS PCD compiler
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Porting ioLibrary_Driver to PIC24 using CCS PCD compiler
by WIZnet AI AI generated ·
RE: RE: Porting ioLibrary_Driver to PIC24 using CCS PCD compiler
by allenhuffman ·
Hello, robot. I have a question about #5. The original headers contain prototypes that will not build on the CCS PCD compiler. I had to change those items in wiznet_conf.h and wiznet_conf.c, like this:
And the prototypes in wiznet_conf.h the same way, after adding the typedefs
Do you have a different way to approach this that would make rebasing with newer code easier?
RE: RE: Porting ioLibrary_Driver to PIC24 using CCS PCD compiler
by Aimee0 WIZnet ·
Hello, we recommend Port Layer Separation, as it provides the cleanest and most maintainable solution for long-term development.
Port Layer Separation (Recommended)
port_ccs.h/.cfiles to define CCS-specific typedefs and wrapper functions.Ex)
Macro/Casting Adapters
Ex)
Patch Branch Strategy
RE: Porting ioLibrary_Driver to PIC24 using CCS PCD compiler
by allenhuffman ·
Thank you, Aimee0. At the time of my post, I was unaware of this method. In an earlier project we modified the library and I was doing the same.
I have now created wrapper functions. I began using the CCS compiler, but it was having problems with the HTTPServer example code. To make things easier for that, I switched to trying the MPLAB compiler. That made the process easier for both the I/O library and things like HTTP, SNMP, etc.
For any others doing this ... my wrapper basically looked like this (CCS code commented out, MPLAB code being used. I was never able to get everything running with CCS before I switched.)
Does Wiznet provide any stub file that has a similar wrapper? That would have been a very useful starting point.
This greatly simplified the process. Now we can just call the WiznetWrapper_init() and then start using it. Thank you.