IPRAW/MACRAW
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Kees1948 ·
Hello, I am not sure it is related. I did some experiments with a W5500 and MACRAW. Contrarily to the documents to claim that MACRAW is possible on all W5500 sockets, I found that the datasheet is correct that MACRAW is only possible on socket #0.
It could be that there are different chip versions out there, but I have not found any indication on that.
best regards.
RE: RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Eugeny ·
What documents and show it in those documents.
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Kees1948 ·
https://docs.wiznet.io/img/products/w5500/w5500_ap_ipraw_v100e.pdf
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Kees1948 ·
Hello All,
Maybe I confused MACRAW with IPRAW, sorry for that. Do I get it correctly that IPRAW is initialized by:
What is the setting in register Sn_MR upfront?
Thank you very much
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Eugeny ·
Seems like datasheet has really no information on IPRAW. And no value for Sn_MR_IPRAW. The best comes to mind to look into the libraries having IPRAW implemented.
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Kees1948 ·
Hi Eugeny,
I did that and found some info.
When playing with UDP with a larger packet i had to modify my code to get it working properly:
Only the last part (last write) is arriving, the first part is lost. I now keep the updated write pointer in RAM and after the second
write I write the pointer in the socket register, Now all my data arrives…
I had expected that I can update the socket buffer with one or more store actions, updating the write pointer accordingly and
then with SEND everything that has been written goes out.
best regards
Kees
RE: IPRAW/MACRAW
by Eugeny ·
You can’t use W5500 registers as storage. In this case when you write new value, you read back old value. It will read new value only after issuing SEND command - exactly what you see and what you have done.
No, it is incorrect assumption. Read and write registers are different physical locations.