W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by Eugeny ·
Can you use scope to see what is going on the GPIO24 pin? It seems this circuit may be sensitive to impedance therefore ensure you do not activate any internal pull-ups/downs for the GPIO24 in the MCU (if there’re such ones).
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by jonspieg ·
I define GPIO 24 as input (no pulls) and I can measure over 4V on VBUS even though only VSYS is connected. So I assume D1 is faulty, is there any other explanation?
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by Eugeny ·
Your measurements were expected, because reverse current of BAT60A is 0.3 mA @ 5V, and in your case the current flowing through the resistors and diode is 0.25 mA. So I am curious if this circuit is ever expected to work at all by the design. There probably must have been a MOSFET.
We need comments and proof from the circuit designer and tester.
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by jonspieg ·
Now I see that the reverse leakage of the BAT60a is an order of magnitude greater than the MBR120VLSF diode used in the original pico (in which the GPIO24 functionality works as expected).
So I to fix my current boards I need to either replace the diode or lower the resistance of the voltage divider. Any other options?
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by Eugeny ·
Make a change and report back on the results. Thanks!
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by jonspieg ·
I’ll replace the diode.
I’m planning to use this diode ZLLS410TA Diodes Incorporated | Discrete Semiconductor Products | DigiKey
any thoughts?
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico faulty USB schottky diode and no VBUS sensing
by Eugeny ·
This one has less forward current and higher forward voltage. Must be within the W5500 power rating, but you must assess the whole board current level (including peak when it is turned on using USB) to ensure diode will not break down. For your test should be ok to see if situation improves.