WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
by scottHud ·
It’s worth noting, as others who have had similar issues that it may be due to PHY Link not having been established correctly. The S0 commands returns SO1 so PHY Link is down even though tcp seems to be working for the config tool, this could be blocking all functionality. For Wiznet W7500 is seems the PHY Link pin is PA_00 which I have attached to ground right now. Could this be the problem I am facing, where should I attach this PA_00 PHY pin so that I don’t get the PHY Link down error.
RE: RE: WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
by scottHud ·
I’ve also now noticed that the debug port is outputting the message “phy id detect error!” so it seems likely that the PHY link pin is the culprit, any suggestions on what the device is looking for with that pin?
RE: WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
by scottHud ·
Here are the contents of my debug port if that helps find the problem.
phy id detect error!!
phy id detect error!!
phy id detect error!!
phy id detect error!!
==================================================
WIZ750SR-1xx
==================================================
MAC: 00:08:DC:00:00:08
IP : 192.168.77.131 / Port: 5000
GW : 192.168.77.1
SN : 255.255.255.0
DNS: 192.168.77.2
DHCP IP Leased time : 691200 seconds
RE: WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
by scottHud ·
I have solved my issue by doing two things, I needed to ground my PA_00 pin as this is the pin the W7500 pin was looking for PHY Link confirmation. I also needed to send the “SC00” command to my board as the PHY Link pin was being used for DTR instead of as PHY Link.
RE: RE: WIZ7500 S2E Only going from Serial To Ethernet, not Ethernet to Serial
by rena ·
Hello,
Thank you for sharing the problem and solution.