W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by becky ·
Schematic file not attached.
Please attach it.
RE: RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi
Also here is the contents of my config tool file - thanks for your help:
LI192.168.1.251
SM255.255.255.0
GW192.168.1.1
IM0
DS8.8.8.8
CP0
TE0
SP
DG0
OP1
LP50004
RH192.168.1.14
RP50004
BR12
DB1
PR0
SB0
FL0
PT0
PS0
PD00
IT0
KA1
KI7000
KE5000
RI3000
SC00
TR8
CA0
CB0
CC0
CD0
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Note: On my schematic the W7500P Boot pin 52 has
been tied low to start the application.
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by becky ·
Have you set the AT Command command through UART?
If there is a problem with the UART RX, the AT Command will not work. I hope you test this out.
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi
Before I built my custom board with the W7500 I
built a proof of concept using the WIZ750SR module which all
worked fine.
I configured it through the ethernet
interface using the WIZNET Config utility and disabled the AT
command entry +++. I just configured it as a TCP Server for
transparent serial to ethernet communications and it just worked
perfectly in both directions (E2S and S2E)
I have not set any AT commands through the
UART. Do you mean UART0, the main E2S UART? Are you saying I
have to send an AT command to enable it to receive serial data
and send it out of the TCP server socket? If so, what command
must I send.
I have tried two boards with W7500Ps and they
behave identically in that the receive TCP data as a server and
sent it out of the UART0 transmitter, but don’t send data which
I put on the serial UART receiver pin out of the TCP socket. So
I don’t think its a faulty or damaged W7500P (unless there was a
bad batch). I must be doing something wrong but can’t think
what?
Thanks
Michael
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by becky ·
You confirmed that Serial Tx works in S2E, and there is no problem with Ethernet as TCP Connection is established.
However, You have never seen Serial RX work, so please check it out.
You can confirm this by setting the AT Command.
AT Command uses the same UART0 as UART in E2S.
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi Becky
Thanks for your help so far.
I have now successfully tested command mode on my Wiznet through the serial UART0.
I start with an external TCP client connection to my Wiznet running as a TCP server. The Wiznet receives data from the TCP client and outputs it on the U_TXD0 pin but local TTL data sent to my U_RXD0 pin does not arrive at my TCP client. So I have Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet. (This is the problem I am trying to solve).
I send the “+++” to my Wiznet U_TXD0 pin to enter command mode. My TCP client gets disconnected and can’t reconnect. (sounds reasonable)
I can send all the commands and get expected responses per the document http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/products:wiz750sr:commandmanual:start. All comms are perfect in that every command results in the correct response and monitoring the TXD and RXD pins on an oscilloscope show perfect clean serial data.
When I send the “EX” command to exit command mode and then my TCP client can connect again.
Then once again, my Wiznet receives data from the TCP client and outputs it on the U_TXD0 pin but I still have the problem that TTL serial data sent to my U_RXD0 pin does still not arrive at my TCP client.
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/products:wiz750sr-110:overview:en states “Optional DTR/DSR signals supported (Status pins or DTR/DSR pins selectable)”. How is DTR/DSR selected or more to the point deselected? Could this be why my Wiznet will not send TTL data to the TCP client? My circuit (above) has DSR and DTR not connected. I have tried pulling DSR both high and low but it does change things with respect to only having one way communication from Ethernet to Serial and not Serial to Ethernet.
The only commands I am not happy about are the SC S0 and S1 commands:
Send: SC
Received: SC00 PHY link status / TCP Connection Status
Send: S0
Received: S01 PHY link down
Send: S1
Received: S10 TCP connection established
This seems wrong to me. Using Wireshark I can see TCP connections being established, data flowing one way to the Wiznet and Acks coming out of the Wiznet so how can the PHY be link down? Also my RJ45 LEDs indicate it is up.
And while in command mode, my TCP client connection is dropped and unable to be reestablished (which seems reasonable) so how can the Winznet report “TCP connection established” when its not.
Can you please respond ASAP as I have been stuck on this for some days now.
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi
I really need some help with this issue please.
RE: RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by becky ·
I think this might be a network problem.
Packets may not reach your TCP Socket due to the PC’s firewall, security programs, or virtual machine wear.
I actually saw a lot of these.
Please check the PC settings.
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi Becky
I have spent days on this and checked
everything before contacting you again. I don’t think the
information I have given you points this as I have said:
My network is very simple. Laptop plugged
directly into Wiznet socket.
I have tried several TCP client apps on my
laptop and they all can send to the Wiznet which works E2S but
not receive S2E.
I have tried a second
PC as the TCP client in case there is an issue with my
laptop
I have replaced the Wiznet with a second
laptop running a TCP server and I have good comms in both
directions E2S and S2E which rules out firewalls etc on my
laptop TCP client
I have monitored with Wireshark can can
see Ack packets coming from the Wiznet when I send data from
my TCP client, but nothing when I send data from the Wiznet
serial port.
Can you please comment on my findings of the
regarding the SC S0 and S1 commands as follows:
Thank you
RE: W7500P can go Ethernet to serial but not serial to Ethernet
by michaelsimp ·
Hi Becky and Wiznet.
I have solved my problem but I have to say I
am a little dissapointed in Wiznet support for two reasons:
W7500P on your web site W7500P_Ref_Schematic_V100.PDF which has
a vital piece of information missing. I just found a schematic
wiz750sr_v1.2.pdf for a drawing revision 1.1 is also on your
website but this is named wiz750 and seeing as the chip I have
is the 7500 I referenced the W7500P_Ref_Schematic_V100.PDF.
You need to get this sorted and to make
things worse if you follow the W7500P page to the schematci link
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w7500p:ref_sch
tells you to Go to WIZnet Github
This page gives 4 versions of the schematic
V100, V110, V120, V130 all of which are variants of
W7500P_Ref_Schematic_V100.PDF which have the vital piece of
information missing.
You need to tidy this up - PLEASE TAKE DOWN
ALL OUT OF DATE ERRONEOUS SCHEMATICS.
Wiznet should have enabled you to solve my problem immediately.
Instead I found myself being told to recheck the basics and
basically I feel I was fobbed off.
I reported:
E2S worked but S2E did not work ie only
data flowed in one direction
The “AT” command “S0” returned “S01” = PHY
link down, even though my RJ45 both LEDs were working and I
could establish a TCP server socket had communications in both
direction as monitored from Wireshark.
pin 14 as mentioned by a note in the V1.2 version of the
schematic even though it is not obviously drawn on the
circuit. The note states "_ * Caution PA_09 pin
must be connected._ * This pin is PHY LINK check
pin(input). and this pin checks PHY link from peer"*
This is a bit of an unexpected
requirement as clearly you guys could not connect my problem to
this requirement so it should be much more clearly documented
than it is.
to the level I can start some proper testing.
Regards
Michael