W5500-EVB + ESP32S3 IDF Basic Eth Example not working
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500-EVB + ESP32S3 IDF Basic Eth Example not working
by hd4009 ·
I still haven’t been able to resolve this issue, please let me know if anyone can think of any ideas that might help!
RE: RE: W5500-EVB + ESP32S3 IDF Basic Eth Example not working
by MikeMyhre ·
I found the problem with the board that was giving me the messages. It was a short between one of the pins relating to the SPI interface (don’t know which one specifically, it could have been any one or several). MISO/Clock or Clk/CS or MOSI/MISO.
It may be that if the SPI interface returns zeros, that is the first message the is returned.
I believe the link is established by the chip itself on power on. The first thing that needs to be done is check the version of the chip, write the mac and check the transmit register for space (TX_FSR). It was returning zero in my case.
RE: W5500-EVB + ESP32S3 IDF Basic Eth Example not working
by MikeMyhre ·
I am getting a similar error. I have 5 prototype board and it only occurs on one of them so I am thinking a likely hardware issue with the one board (solder of the chip or failed component).
Looking at the source code for the driver, it asks the chip how much memory it has free and to return 350 bytes is extremely small considering most packets are 1000 - 1500 bytes. This occurs on mine just after link negotiations (which means it passed the duplex link negotiations and can communicate at least partially with the switch. Timing between my failed board and my others is similar so I don’t think there are a bunch of retries (5 seconds for PoE and 2-3 seconds for a link). The first message I get is before I even open a socket so it is probably during the DHCP negotiations (which don’t happen).
The message 350 < 0 is a little strange.but I think they got the order of the values wrong “free size (%d) < send length (%d)”, length, free_size);
I am using IDF version 4.4